[solved] TV Recordings episode field blank (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you not check if the SeriesAspect is present? It should only be present if there is any series information.
    EDIT: I meant the EpisodeAspect not the SeriesAspect.
    Yes, that could be done with an AspectBoolConverter to get rid of any "episode" label.

No, they are not part of the RecordingAspect so there is nothing to wrap
    Well, I ment, if we can not add it to the RecordingAspect. From my point of view all infos from the xml file next to a recording should be part of the RecordingAspect regardless how imported. Currently everything besides the episode info is covered already. At least I would not see any conflict.

XML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    - <tags>
    - <tag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>TITLE</name>
      <value>The X-Files</value>
      </SimpleTag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>COMMENT</name>
      <value>A group of loggers working in a remote forest unearth thousands of deadly insect-like creatures that paralyse - and then cocoon - their victims. (Remastered in HD)(United States, English)</value>
      </SimpleTag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>GENRE</name>
      <value>Drama</value>
      </SimpleTag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>CHANNEL_NAME</name>
      <value>SBS VICELAND HD</value>
      </SimpleTag>
    + <SimpleTag>
      <name>EPISODENAME</name>
      <value>Darkness Falls</value>
      </SimpleTag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>SERIESNUM</name>
      <value>1</value>
      </SimpleTag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>EPISODENUM</name>
      <value>20</value>
      </SimpleTag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>EPISODEPART</name>
      <value />
      </SimpleTag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>STARTTIME</name>
      <value>2019-07-05 19:55</value>
      </SimpleTag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>ENDTIME</name>
      <value>2019-07-05 20:45</value>
      </SimpleTag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>PROGRAMSTARTTIME</name>
      <value>2019-07-05 19:45</value>
      </SimpleTag>
    - <SimpleTag>
      <name>PROGRAMENDTIME</name>
      <value>2019-07-05 20:35</value>
      </SimpleTag>
      </tag>
      </tags>

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well, I ment, if we can not add it to the RecordingAspect.
    Most of the series episode handling is centered around the EpisodeAspect so it would no longer be recognized as an episode anywhere else in MP2. Maybe we should just add recording shares as Movie and Series shares by default (if no specific folders are configured for that in the TV Server)? Or are there any problems in doing that (online searches etc.)?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Most of the series episode handling is centered around the EpisodeAspect so it would no longer be recognized as an episode anywhere else in MP2
    Hmm, this I do honestly not fully understand. Why should it cause problems, if while importing values for CHANNEL_NAME, PROGRAMSTARTTIME, ... , if also it is checked for EPISODENUM in the xml file? If the file should be recognized as a series, it needs to placed into a seriesfolder manually and is loosening the RecordingAspect from my understanding.

Maybe we should just add recording shares as Movie and Series shares by default (if no specific folders are configured for that in the TV Server)? Or are there any problems in doing that (online searches etc.)?
    Maybe a question to @morpheus_xx

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe a question to @morpheus_xx
    This happens already if you are defining different subfolders for the movie and series recording pattern. Then the respective media categorie is added for media source.

If you record everything to one folder and apply both movie and series, you will get a lot of false matches (at least it was the case long time before). Because of this, there were requests not to automatically include movies and series to recording source by default (but users still can override the categories inside MP2 media source configuration).

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This happens already if you are defining different subfolders for the movie and series recording pattern. Then the respective media categorie is added for media source.

If you record everything to one folder and apply both movie and series, you will get a lot of false matches (at least it was the case long time before). Because of this, there were requests not to automatically include movies and series to recording source by default (but users still can override the categories inside MP2 media source configuration).
    But would there be any problem, when we add it just additionally to the RecordingAspect as the other values are taken from the xml file?
    See my previous post for details.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But would there be any problem, when we add it just additionally to the RecordingAspect as the other values are taken from the xml file?
    The metadata extraction in MP2 always works the other way around: the user decides which kind of data is located in the media source by selecting the media categorie (audio, video, movie, series etc.). Only by this the matching metadata extractors are running.

So it is not the opposite way around, like looking for everything I could read and then decide what kind of media it is.

In fact I had always read the series metadata from recordings xml before, but as mentioned above, many users did not like to see the series type recordings in their series library. After this I refactored the series part out of recordings import and now it's only invoked when the user defined the source as "series" type.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In fact I had always read the series metadata from recordings xml before, but as mentioned above, many users did not like to see the series type recordings in their series library
    I think it's still not clear what I mean. I'm not talking about reading things to SeriesAspect or something like this. It's just about adding a EpisodeNumber to RecordingAspect, when something is written in the recording xml file, otherwise this varible is empty. It would be in worst case just a "dublicated" EpisodeNumber variable, one in SeriesAspect (when imported over series share) and once in RecordingAspect. But this won't have any interaction between both. Additionally a recording with a EpisodeNumber is still not a series for MP2. The EpisodeNumber in RecordingAspect is just used to show it in GUI when available, nothing else.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's just about adding a EpisodeNumber to RecordingAspect, when something is written in the recording xml file, otherwise this varible is empty. It would be in worst case just a "dublicated" EpisodeNumber variable

Most of the series episode handling is centered around the EpisodeAspect so it would no longer be recognized as an episode anywhere else in MP2.
    I agree with @henso here, we should not duplicate stuff like episode numbers.

I'm not in favour of adding "just a bit" of redundancy, if there is already a complete solution. We have full support for series and episodes in recordings. If you like it, enable it. If not, you don't.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We have full support for series and episodes in recordings. If you like it, enable it. If not, you don't.
    Enable where, Is there a setting we are not aware of? The inital request of this thread was to see just the episode number for recordings.
    The only solution mentionend so far was to move the recording into a series share.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Inside our media source configuration. You can edit the automatical created recordings source and add the "series" category. That's it.
    If you are using different folders for single and series type recordings like me, you already have it enabled by default.
    See:
    • "Recordings (1)" is using "Movies" subfolder and also the "movies" media category is enabled
    • "Recordings (2)" is using "Serien" subfolder and also the "series" media category is enabled
    upload_2019-11-24_12-38-49.png

upload_2019-11-24_12-38-59.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom