[solved] Tv Recordings not Playing (1 Viewer)

neeiro

July 6, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having problems playing TV recordings - they were working yesterday after a fresh install but started failing last night, the recording plays the first frame then stops and returns to the TV recordings page.

The recordings work correctly when I play them outside of MP so I know its recording OK.

I've attached the logs but if you need anything else I can provide it.

I'm also on Windows 10 Pro Inside Build with a AMD Radeon HD5450 Graphics card, 8GB Ram and AMD x4 955 Processor.

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome neeiro :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, and thanks for posting the log files. (y)

The problem seems to be something to do with the MediaPortal Audio Renderer. From the logs:
    [collapse]
    14-07-2015 11:13:04.247 [ 1894] WASAPIRenderFilter::confused:tartAudioClient
    14-07-2015 11:13:04.247 [ 1894] start failed (0x88890001)[/collapse]

As the wiki says, the MPAR doesn't work for all TV providers/content:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs
    MediaPortal Audio Renderer is often recommended for smooth video playback. However, it may not work with your TV provider(s). If you have TV playback problems (pauses, unsynchronised video/audio) when using the MediaPortal Audio Renderer, try another option (eg. DirectSound).

I suspect everything should work if you swap to the Default DirectSound audio renderer as recommended.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom