TV schedule 5 hours off. (1 Viewer)

rdvon

Portal Member
September 2, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I couldn't get web epg to work properly so I decided to try the epg grabber mc2xml, it works great.. but the tv show listings are 5 hours off. How do I fix this? :eek:

I'd also like to note that web epg is a really hard to use, constricting program which I hardly find suitable to use in conjunction with mediaportal. :sorry: How can I use it if I can't even put in my areacode so it marks the channels right?

rocco6530

Portal Member
December 19, 2007
Chicago Area
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Working USA EPG

Working USA EPG from tv.yahoo.com works like downtown using yapi2xml.exe found on the web at YApi2XML .
In the options change the “SaveXML file to: “ “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\TVguide.xml” ore where ever your TVguid.xml resides.
If you are using the non TV Server version of MediaPortal open the MediaPortal Configuration and expand the Television Tree to show Program Guide. Browse to the Path to tvguide.xml, in my case I had to apply -5 hours in the Compensate time zone with for Chicago IL USA to make the times correct.
This works fine but for the server if you go to “MediaPortal – TV Server Configuration > Plugins > XmlTv and check the Apply time zone compensation when loading the tvguide.xml it does not work.
See” [Ignore!] XMLTV Timezone Compensation Not Working
I read all over the MP forum to just pay “Schedules Direct” and be done with it!! Is that the American way??? If I could program in C++ I would fix it. I would rather donate the $20.00/year and more to the MediaPortal Team and so would others if the “Apply time zone compensation when loading the tvguide.xml” in the TV Server worked. How many installs or MP are there in the USA we could all put the Team over the top if this were solved. Why make a MONEY GRABBING web site slow down the MediaPortal Teams contributions.
Using the Schedule Tasks or other free task scheduling program as I understand that unless you login with a password that tasks under XL won’t run, or untried as yet create a batch file that is named WebEPG and get MP to run it. Other great free programs from KarenWare on the web at KarenWare such as Karen’s Time Sync, and Replicator are invaluable. With Time Sync you don’t have to set x min. before and after and have concurrent scheduled programs conflict.

Rocco6530 :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom