[not reproducible] TV Scheduled Advanced Record Not Saved (1 Viewer)

AlexT

Portal Member
May 2, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ja AlexT, as always keeping a smile on everyone's face with your nice pics :D
What happened to the pics you posted in the bigdesign thread? I can't see them anymore? nevermind, must be something my side...see it now
I know I am off-topic, but I do not want us to loose your nice pics.
ha! Thanks, rekenaar. The host I used to hotlink (which was allowed with their TOS) closed shop. I re'upped and edited using different host. Thanks for the good words and letting me know they were down. EDIT: lol, No! You are not crazy, they "were" down. So many hosts that allow direct link to image are only around for x time.

Hi,
I have no problem scheduling a digital (DVB-T) recording immediately after starting MP in the same way as you.
Obviously I don't have any quality settings to go through for this. Perhaps this is the issue?
Mark
Quick Record is never an issue. Advanced Record is the only time it will do this and again, it's with a blank schedule, nothing in the queue, etc. I tried Advanced Record, Constant Bitrate, Default...would not save, etc. So it is only tied to two variables: ie, Advanced Record and Custom Settings.

Hi,
Does it matter what bit rate choices you select? Perhaps you are selecting something that your card does not support?
I have a Hauppauge PVR-250 (analogue, hardware encoding) and I can schedule recordings with this card as well as the DVB-T.
Does it work for you with ATSC?
I just can't find a way to reproduce the problem.
Mark
Only occurs with Advanced Record. My card supports adjusting default quality settings (Custom). However, it does it and did with 1.20 Beta and RC after a clean install and Custom default settings not touched.

[ did have the same idea. I can not reproduce this with dvb channels. So it could be down to analog cards and the quality settings.
Anyone with an analog card can please reproduce this?
IL, methinks (luv that improper word combo) you are right. Surely, it has to be related to analog only, as I have zero problems with ATSC. Of course, I always use Quick Record since it records at max, anyways and cannot be adjusted. But! If I remember correctly, I have tested ATSC as an Advanced Record and it always takes the first time with no other scheduled shows. I realize it completes it's scheduling automatically after duration is selected and doesn't even take you to quality settings but at least the "Advanced Recording" part takes first time around with it. That supports the analog quality settings side of things, you suggested.

Can you please tell us while reproducing the problem :

- The actual time when you try to add a record
- The day you choose (the same day or another one)
- The start time and duration you choose

Cause I can't reproduce the problem either, but I would like to try using as mutch as possible the same values as you.

Thanks.

Smeulf.

[Edit] Forgot my question, I have all I need in the video.

The think I don't understand is why you have in your log a "Scheduler: Orphaned once schedule found 11 - removing", with means the TVServer removes the recording because the endtime is exceeded (if I read the code well).

[/Edit]
Just to follow up to cover the bases well...no save no matter what day/date I choose, duration, time of day, etc. Thank you for looking through the log's, Smeulf.

Well, I tried to reproduce this once, but couldn't - the recording was created correctly. Default wide. No other schedules. TV Server restart immediately before the attempt. I'm aware that I'm currently running 28070, so I wanted to upgrade to latest SVN just to be sure. I got half way through the upgrade this evening but I'm just exhausted so I'm about to go to bed rather than risk making a mistake and screwing up my system. I'll try again with latest SVN tomorrow.

mm
Hey, mm...thanks for the time, effort, and help but NO screwing your system or YOUR up in the process! lol Cheers, mate.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ja AlexT, as always keeping a smile on everyone's face with your nice pics :D
    What happened to the pics you posted in the bigdesign thread? I can't see them anymore? nevermind, must be something my side...see it now
    I know I am off-topic, but I do not want us to loose your nice pics.
    ha! Thanks, rekenaar. The host I used to hotlink (which was allowed with their TOS) closed shop. I re'upped and edited using different host. Thanks for the good words and letting me know they were down. EDIT: lol, No! You are not crazy, they "were" down. So many hosts that allow direct link to image are only around for x time.

Hi,
    I have no problem scheduling a digital (DVB-T) recording immediately after starting MP in the same way as you.
    Obviously I don't have any quality settings to go through for this. Perhaps this is the issue?
    Mark
    Quick Record is never an issue. Advanced Record is the only time it will do this and again, it's with a blank schedule, nothing in the queue, etc. I tried Advanced Record, Constant Bitrate, Default...would not save, etc. So it is only tied to two variables: ie, Advanced Record and Custom Settings.

Only occurs with Advanced Record. My card supports adjusting default quality settings (Custom). However, it does it and did with 1.20 Beta and RC after a clean install and Custom default settings not touched.

I did advanced record to try to reproduce the problem. This is what I was reporting. I have tried again using 'Custom' settings (although I haven't done anything to configure these in TV server), and it still worked.

I don't doubt that this is a problem for you, but I simply cannot reproduce it.

Mark

AlexT

Portal Member
    May 2, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks again for your work on this, Mark. I find myself tripping over details, somewhat, repeating myself, sorry about that. I understood what you were reporting, didn't mean to imply you didn't understand fully my steps.

I probably or should ask IL to mark this thread as "unconfirmable" or whatever label suits it, as I think we all ended up down the same path; ie, analog and my specific tv card, since it has done it under Beta and RC. I was thinking that I might install dadeo's aMPed when he's polished it and see if it also does it under another skin and configuration. I realize it's linked to tv server configuration, not a skin (at all, I assume) so not sure that would make a difference. Point being, if I find there is a difference, I can always rejuvenate the thread or start anew.

Through all this, I found the second best thing about MediaPortal...the community. And thanks to all of you for your attention on this.

_JB_

Portal Member
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    May be just so Alex doesn't feel he's going mad, I thought I'd post that I've got the same problem but I hadn't discovered the work around, so thanks for that Alex.

Here's my spec

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3wide
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
    CPU Type: Intel Core i5-2500K
    HDD: WD20-EARS 2TB
    Memory: 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
    Motherboard: Asus P8 P67-M PRO
    Video Card: Asus 210 Silent
    Video Card Driver: ????
    Sound Card: On board
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppage HVR-1700
    1. TV Card Type: dual tuner (analog/ATSC)
    1. TV Card Driver: ????
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow Video Decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Sky TV NZ
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote
    Cooling: ????
    Power Supply: Corsair CX430
    Remote: MS MCE
    TV: Samsung PS-50Q7H
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

(???? means I'm not sure what that is, sorry not very techy when it comes to h/ware)

I note that we've got the same TV card, the HVR-1700.

I had the issue with both the Blue 3wide skin and aMPed skin. I have tested the work around on Blue 3wide and it works on my setup.

Now that I've got a work around I'm not too fussed (like Alex) but there's something strange going on!

Cheers JB

PS If anyone needs any more tech details, feel free to ask and I'll try and track them down

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom