TV Series causes MP to crash due to InfoService plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplyC

Portal Member
September 13, 2009
Hi,

TV Series is causing MP to crash after about 2 minutes. I know its TV Series as i've disabled my plugines one by one to identify the issue.

I saw a new dll in one of the earlier threads, but that hasnt resolved my problem. Please help, I love TV Series to pieces!

Logs attached

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: TV Series causes MP to crash after c. 2 minutes

It looks to be InfoService that is causing the actual crash, most likely when it tries to link into MP-TVSeries to get information about last added episodes.

Does the crash still happen if you disable that one? Same for the Fanart Handler, as that one also ties into MP-TVSeries to listen for events.

SimplyC

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009

Thanks RoChess, disabling InfoService seems to have fixed it

2 questions now then. 1. what does Info Service do... and 2. Will I miss it?

TBH, I use Mediaportal for Movin Pictures and TV Series, and recently started fro TV a little bit. So i;m hardly pushing the boundaries as far as functionality goes...:D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

It was the recentlyadded stuff in InfoService plugin which is causing the crash..its been fixed (by removing all the recentlyadded logic out of infoservice as its now handled by LatestMediaHandler plugin anyway).

Here is an Unofficial InfoService...hopefully there will be an official one soon.

The big concern is that a lot of skins include this dll for their home screens so they can display weather and rss feeds.

Attachments

• InfoService.rar
      169.7 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom