TV Series causing MePo to crash (1 Viewer)

KDP

Portal Member
May 23, 2010
Everything has been running fine for a while, wife and kid watched some movies earlier and all was good. Tonight went to sit down and watched a TV show and MePo had crashed and the task manager was listing the TV Series configurator as the only app running and it was listed not responding. So I rebooted the machine and tried to start MePo again. Same result, MePo would get to the loading plugins part then crash with TV Series configuration being the only running app and it is unresponsive. Try running the configurator and it spits random sql problems out and then crashes (plus all my shows are gone). Uninstall, reinstall, manually remove database and reinstall, clear database and rescan finally looks like it might be ok as it now scans the folders and re adds all my shows. Launch MePo, same thing crash at loading plugins. Attached is the logs.

Running Win 7 SP1
Dual Core Intel E2180
3GB Ram
MePo 1.2.3

KDP

Portal Member
May 23, 2010
after reading talcbaby's thread here is the log with option 3. i already deleted my database and rescanned, it still crashes.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I see an error with OnlineVideos in log:

Code:
    [OnlineVideos] Failed to create download dir: System.ArgumentException: Path cannot be the empty string or all whitespace.
       at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
       at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
       at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.PluginConfiguration.Load()

Rule out all plugins first, ensure no errors are coming from them then when you only have tvseries enabled try to reproduce.

Also in your first post you said there was a crash and the only process running was the tvseries configuration...does that mean you had configuration open whilst mediaportal was open? Because that is bad!

KDP

Portal Member
    May 23, 2010
    Also in your first post you said there was a crash and the only process running was the tvseries configuration...does that mean you had configuration open whilst mediaportal was open? Because that is bad!

No thats what I thought was weird. Nothing was running, I would launch MePo, it would get to the loading plugins portion and then crash. In the task bar and the task manager it would list TV Series Configuration as the program (with the MePo icon) and list not responding. Then when I came home today launching MePo it kind of got stuck at loading plugins for a couple minutes and all has worked fine since so far. I am at a loss but atleast happy it works. If it happens again I will follow your recomendation of removing plugins. Thanks lfte!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Code:
    [ERROR][OVInit(24)]: [OnlineVideos] Failed to create download dir: System.ArgumentException: Path cannot be the empty string or all whitespace.
    at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
    at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
    at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.PluginConfiguration.Load()

This error is related to OnlineVideos. Open up the OnlineVideos config and set a Download folder (on top)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom