TV-Series crashes MePo since yesterday after a few minutes (1 Viewer)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi guys,

Since yesterday MePo is crashing always a few minutes after I start it. The day before everything was fine.
In the log is an exception which seems to be connected to the TV-Series Plugin, however I have not changed it or anything on my HTPC for a while.

I have the logs attached and here is the part which made me think it is related to TV-Series. I have already mentioned it in the Follw.it thread but maybe this is just an issue triggered by another root issue. I have no follw.it account set up in TV-Series.

Can anyone help me or give me a hint? If I disable TV-Series it seems that MePo is stable.

bildschirmfoto20121207u.png

2012-12-07 00:41:07.924506 [ERROR][(25)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2012-12-07 00:41:07.927506 [ERROR][(25)]: Exception :confused:ystem.TypeInitializationException: Der Typeninitialisierer für "WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.FollwitTv.FollwitConnector" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht. ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.OutOfMemoryException" wurde ausgelöst.
bei System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal(IPrincipal principal, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
bei System.Threading.Thread.Start()
bei WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.FollwitTv.FollwitConnector..cctor()
--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
bei WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.OnlineParsing.worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
2012-12-07 00:41:07.927506 [ERROR][(25)]: Exception :Der Typeninitialisierer für "WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.FollwitTv.FollwitConnector" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht.
2012-12-07 00:41:07.928506 [ERROR][(25)]: site :Void worker_RunWorkerCompleted(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs)
2012-12-07 00:41:07.928506 [ERROR][(25)]: source :MP-TVSeries
2012-12-07 00:41:07.928506 [ERROR][(25)]: stacktrace: bei WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.OnlineParsing.worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Looks like you have a corrupt database, you can try deleting it "P:\Database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3".

If that is on the network being shared, that would probably explain the root cause.

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Looks like you have a corrupt database, you can try deleting it "P:\Database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3".

If that is on the network being shared, that would probably explain the root cause.
    You were right. I restored a backup from 3 days ago and it worked again :)
    Thanks!

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I've been having the System.OutOfMemoryException problem for over a year now (I've logged it numerous times in here). I'm glad to see that someone else has had the same error. I'm also curious as to how big his collection is, as I'm convinced that the problem relates to the sheer size of my collection and that more and more people will start experiencing this error as their collections grow.

In trying to analyse the problem, I have tried the following:
    - rebuilding my PC from scratch
    - building a new PC including new memory, motherboard, and hard drive
    - de-installing and re-installing MP so many times I've lost count.

The error happens on MePo 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc.
    The error happens at a random time - sometimes within 2 or 3 minutes after I start it up, sometimes an hour. But it always happens, which makes using MP useless to the family as they can't recover from it and it gets a bit tiring to have to restart MP all the time.

After I installed 1.3beta a few days ago, and using Titan, and still getting the error, I saw this post, which is the first post I've seen apart from my own with the problem. So I too tried rebuilding my database, but it didn't help for me.

I have now just tried installing MePo 1.3b on a computer that has never had MediaPortal installed on it. The only thing in common is that they are both running W7 64bit and both access the same TV collection. On this new PC, I did not install anything extra - just MP1.3b, Titan Extended, Moving Pictures, and My TVSeries. I also configured Follw.it with my login details. This new PC doesn't have tuner cards in it so I installed it without the tvserver and pointed it at my main htpc's tuner.

This new PC has Fanart Handler 3.0.9.0 installed (I can't recall if I installed it myself or it comes with MP1.3b), LAVFilters 0.54.1.0, MP-TVSeries 3.3.3.1972, DVDArt Plugin 1.0.0.9, Titan Extended 1.3.0.215, Trakt 1.8.0.0, and Moving Pictures 1.4.2.1430. I made no changes to default settings for anything apart from what's noted here.

After hundreds of error logs and numerous versions of Media Portal, and numerous threads, and numerous set ups, I have eliminated as much as possible and I'm pretty convinced the 'out of memory' error is because of the size of my TV collection. I have 6GB and 12GB of memory available on the 2 PCs which I would assume is adequate. I can only assume there are some sort of internal resource limits that I'm hitting.

The only configuration I made within the TV Series config beyond defaults is:
    - enabled my account ID for thetvdb.com
    - enabled my follw.it account.

I've made my database and log files available as well as what's in the MP-TVSeries directory (attached). One thing to note is that these logs are from the >first time< that MP has crashed on this new PC - so I haven't tried rebuilding the database as there's not really been a chance for it to get corrupted yet from an abnormal termination. In other words, if the database is corrupt, I have no idea how as MP hasn't crashed yet.

I'll re-run MP with full debug logging enabled and see if I can get a set of log files from that, if it helps. But if this happens on a totally new setup with nothing special installed, I have to believe the issue is size-related. [edit: Ok, have got new zip file after 2nd crash with full debugging: MediaPortalLogs_19_12_12_06_37.zip. Keep in mind this is a different PC than the one used in earlier threads I've posted with similar/same errors.]

Also, I have no 0-length files in the thumbs directory.

Attachments

• TVSeriesDatabase4.rar
      9 MB
    • MP-TVSeries.rar
      9.8 MB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    To check if any of your databases are not corrupt use the script from the attachment.

The SQLite commandline tool that is needed is included, just extract and run the CMD file.

Attachments

• Integrity Check MediaPortal Databases.7z
      205.8 KB

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Here are the results (no errors):
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database>"Integrity Check MediaPortal Databases.cmd"

This script verifies all the MediaPortal databases are not corrupt.
    It requires sqlite3.exe to be in the same folder or accessible via PATH.

OK == "dvdart.db3"
    OK == "FanartHandler.db3"
    OK == "movingpictures.db3"
    OK == "MusicDatabaseV12.db3"
    OK == "TVSeriesDatabase4.db3"
    OK == "VideoDatabaseV5.db3"

Done.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No clue then, you do have some straddled episodes in your database, which you can manually clear via: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...for-problems-re-importing-after-delete.85479/ and a vacuum and re-index probably wouldn't hurt by now, which you can all do with an SQLite tool.

But I do not see how that could cause the errors you are having.

Do you start MP-TVSeries in the "All" view? I used to have 300+ series as well and it was just a clumbersome mess to navigate and control. So I split it up across sensible views and then adjusted basichome XML file to auto-load the view I prefer to load by default.

Might be worth a try, at least as a workaround until @ltfearme finds time to really dig down into the code and find out what is causing it. You seem to have provided enough information for him to recreate it (though that can still be difficult without having the media files in some situations).

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I can try vacuuming and re-indexing but I only just created it a few hours ago and have been importing new episodes since the initial import in a steady trickle since then, so I can only hope that these tasks aren't necessary for such a new system.

I have tried using different views - on my main htpc I use the favourites view most of the time, which only shows 20 or so series. Normally I use the "most recently added" view, then switch to the 'All' view if I want to drill into a specific series quickly.

I was thinking that a way around the lack of my media library would be to work out a way to create a duplicate set of media files that have the same file characteristics but none of the file size - clone the episode's file attributes etc. but none of the 'weight', thus ending up with 24,400 almost-real files. Then I could zip up the entire 'TV' folder, and this could then be used on another system to duplicate the crashes. [Update: Found it: within Powershell: robocopy TV TV_Empty /E /SEC /CREATE , which copied 10,000+ files of 10TB into an exact duplicate folder that takes up 56KB! Go me. I've zipped this "TV_Empty" directory and attached it. Rename it to "TV" when you unzip it.

To set up an environment that can duplicate the problem, I'll do the following:

- Use VMWare to create a totally new Windows 7 PC (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit)
    - Install latest W7 patches or service packs
    - Install MP 1.3b + TVSeries
    - create a "c:\audio video media" directory
    - unzip the TV_Empty zip into this directory and rename it to 'TV'
    - run TVSeries importer
    - run MP and leave it
    - occasionally stick a new episode in one of the directories to emulate adding new shows.

I'll report back how that goes.

Attachments

• TV_Empty.rar
      2.4 MB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Technically you can just generate 0-byte files that have the same filename. MediaInfo will then of course freak out at the part it gets resolution/runtime/etc from the file, but it will still import. I use 0-byte files all the time to test MovingPictures and MP-TVSeries. It would also be possible I guess to find a super small video somewhere of 1kB that contains enuff info for MediaInfo to not freak out over and use that for all the files.

I can't be of any help until next week to locate/create such a 1kB file though, as well as create a batch script that would duplicate your folder+files and either use that 1kB file or create 0-byte files.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, was able to create a 4.17kB small.avi file as attached.

So you just have to create a script file that will generate your folder structure and use the file I attached as content. Then anybody armed with those 2 files can recreate your media collection to fool MP-TVSeries.

Attachments

• small.avi
      4.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom