[solved] Tv Series Green Bar at top of Display (1 Viewer)

dturner_68

Portal Member
June 23, 2022
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

A problem has just started when I use the TV Series plugin in MP1. The videos play, but with a broad green band at the very top of the screen. If I play the same files using other software, there is no problem. It would appear that there is an issue with the inbuilt video player. How can I overcome this, as switching to an external player is not as convenient, and I would like to carry on with the default player if possible.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    The videos play, but with a broad green band at the very top of the screen.
    I don't have any idea what the problem might be, but more information is needed if anyone is going to be able to help you.

Is this terrestrial TV, satellite TV, or IPTV?
    Does it affect live TV or only recorded TV?
    Does it affect all recordings or only some? If so, which?
    Does playback from the "Recorded TV" panel have the same defect?
    Does playback from the "Videos" section of MP have the same defect?
    What version of Windows are you using?
    What version of MP are you using?
    What skin are you using?

Can you pause playback, take a screen shot, and post it here? MP does have a screen shot action, but I think that you need to customise your remote control or keyboard setup (which you probably have not done if you are new to MP). Use your mobile phone or other digital camera to take the screen shot and post it here (upload, and then insert the image into the text as a thumbnail).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

dturner_68

Portal Member
    June 23, 2022
    Home Country
    Running on Widows 10, using Purevision HD skin on version 1.30 Problem does not affect Live TV, Recorded TV or Movies. This problem is just confined to the TV Series Plugin. I will sort out a screenshot and post it.

dturner_68

Portal Member
    June 23, 2022
    Home Country
    I should add that the problem started on V 1.28 and I upped to the latest version to see if it made any difference. I have been running this setup for a long time now without any issues at all, so whatever has changed is fairly recent.

Last edited:

dturner_68

Portal Member
    June 23, 2022
    Home Country
    This is what I get when I use the TV Series plugin. The video plays normally, but with a large green band at the top of the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20220624_111839_183[1].jpg
      5.3 MB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    The video plays normally, but with a large green band at the top of the screen.
    I see what you mean :confused:. Your screen shot shows "Star Trek Strange New Worlds", which as far as I know is not available via conventional terrestrial or satellite broadcasts. Are you perhaps streaming it from Paramount+, or playing a file that you previously downloaded from Paramount+? Is it a TS file, or is it a file with some other file extension?

I don't play anything from the internet (video or audio, or music), so I have no experience of what you are trying to do. Perhaps someone else recognises the problem and can make a suggestion?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to make sure it´s not a skin issue, here a screenshot from my system (playing a downloaded mp4):

12-55-26.jpg

Maybe you could do the following:
    Install latest LAV Filter LAVFilters-0.75.1
    re-install TVSeries plugin

If any of those help, pls inform us here ;)

dturner_68

Portal Member
    June 23, 2022
    Home Country
    I found the answer. The files were downloaded, and must have had some sort of corruption in them that passed the other players I tried them in, but produced the green bar in the TVSeries plugin. After downloading the files again, the problem went away. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom