TV Series not picked up by EPG (1 Viewer)

mikerado

Portal Member
May 1, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Newbie using MP2 ... At this this point, I primarily am using MP2 to record/watch OTA TV. I live in Illinois - USA. Using HDHomerun Dual as tuner. I am operational and very pleased. Basic functionality exists. TV Guide is functional, record, play, etc. I am tweaking ...

Problem: Within MP2 TV Guide ... it does not appear to recognize the genre types. Specifically, a TV Series, Movie, etc. As a result: (1) it is not ideal trying to record a TV series as I have to select each one independently within the Guide. (2) Distinct custom path folder locations for saving the recordings (TV Series vs Movie) are not being used as they are all going to the same folder.

I am using zap2xml.exe as the EPG grabber to pull metadata attributes from tvguide.com. As I review the resulting xml file, the attributes seem to be there, but not translating to the MP2 TV Guide.

Attached are screen shots and xml file.

Perhaps I am off-base as to what the problem is.

Thanks in advance ... any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• screen shots.pdf
    1.1 MB
  • tvguide_2.xml
    192.6 KB

mikerado

Portal Member
May 1, 2016
Home Country
Thanks Breese. Just to confirm so I understand ... the pink highlighted comment: EDIT: I am working on a new setup of this and will post here when completed. The new setup will allow the addition of Series info by means of TVGuide.com. As an added bonus, the channel mappings produce a greater number of Auto-Mappings. ... is yet to come ? Or is the subsequent instruction below sufficient ?

Chicagoland as well.

MR

mikerado

Portal Member
May 1, 2016
Home Country
Breese,

With your instruction set, are you able to get episode and genre info to translate into the MP2 TV Guide ? That's where I'm having problems. Otherwise, I have a functioning guide ... just not ideal.

I'm in Palatine

MR

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-5_20-26-7.png
    upload_2016-5-5_20-26-7.png
    95.4 KB
  • upload_2016-5-5_20-26-41.png
    upload_2016-5-5_20-26-41.png
    95.4 KB

mikerado

Portal Member
May 1, 2016
Home Country
Breese ... would you be willing to show me a screen shot of your TV Guide within client/server ?

What skin do you use ?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Stock Blue that is installed with MP2
    I have not been able to get any part of it to show the episode info within MP2.
    The episode info is the section of the EPG guide doc I created but Work has kept me from updating the page.

TV
    TV_01.jpg

TV Guide
    TV_02.jpg

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    If the TV Guide doc worked as it should, and the auto update is working for you.
    You might try replacing yours with the files I added here.
    1-Make a backup of your folder
    2-Unzip mine and copy the files into yours
    3-You must keep your zap2xmlrc.txt file. This holds your user ID and Password.

mikerado

Portal Member
    May 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Thanks for your time Breese ...

I noticed in your attached there is a batch file named TVGuideBat.bat
    • Are you using it ?
    • It includes the zap2xml.exe options: -z,a,j,g,F, U, and C (for zap2xmlrc.txt)
    • runs another app called episodes2TVGuide.exe ... what is this and what does it do ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom