TV Series not picked up by EPG (1 Viewer)

mikerado

Portal Member
May 1, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Bob, thanks for your time. I got your set-up working and functioning.

How does one record a TV show/series to a different folder location relative to a Movie or Sporting event ? The settings in the Custom paths and filenames tab of the Recording section do not seem to be working.

My default Recording folder is: D\Recorded TV

My settings for series recording is: TV Shows\%title%\Season %series%\Episode %episode%
My settings for Movie recording is: Movies\%title% - %startmonth%-%startday%-%startyear%

Unfortunately, the instruction for the Movie setting is utilized regardless of what I record.

When I initially posted my problem, I thought the problem was the EPG/TV Guide couldn't distinguish between the types of programs.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    How does one record a TV show/series to a different folder location relative to a Movie or Sporting event ? The settings in the Custom paths and filenames tab of the Recording section do not seem to be working.
    For recordings you can only set the root folder. All recordings are then placed in there and then the custom settings come into play.
    Currently the only way to have them separated is to move them.

mikerado

Portal Member
    May 1, 2016
    Home Country
    OK ... one root folder it is.

The custom paths and filenames tab infers you can have distinct filename customization between Movies and Series. It doesn't appear that this is working ? Only the customization for the Movies is acted upon ? Is this your understanding as well ?

Thanks again Bob

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    There is a Pull Down for Series and Movies that allows you to change the way it creates folders and names the shows / movies.

mikerado

Portal Member
    May 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Yeah ... I'm aware of the pulldown. It doesn't appear to be working. Regardless of what I record, it uses the custom path/filename for the Movie, not the Series.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah ... I'm aware of the pulldown. It doesn't appear to be working. Regardless of what I record, it uses the custom path/filename for the Movie, not the Series.
    "Series" pattern is only used for repeated schedules (like "everytime on this channel"). It is not used for "record this program", even it has episode infos. This is a long time behavior of the TVE3.

mikerado

Portal Member
    May 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Thank you Morpheus ... I did not know that.

I will check this out.

MR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom