TV server 1.2.3 is crashing for 1 week (1 Viewer)

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It was tough but i found the problem. Actually the motherboard had few issues. 2 years ago, I had to replace the internal FireWire by an addon. This year it seems that the internal USB was falling. Also the motherboard would fail if I activate the internal GPU 780G. So my conclusion is that the chipset gets old!
    I replace the motherboard + CPU + memory by a gigabyte A75 board + A10 5800K + 8GB DDR3 1866hz (so cheap and gives max performance to the integrated GPU 7660).
    Such new setup costs 220€ but uses half the Watts than previous one also quiet and faster. Really happy about it with MePo. No I need to fix the standby issue (it always go to hibernate). I had use a temporary motherboard that did not supported the standby and I guess some windows system component were definitely des activated. I will reinstall Win7 but I am waiting for win8 as reinstall is easier.
    Thanks for your suggestions everybody. No the failing system is used as a gaming rig by my son without any failure as long as not many devices are plug in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom