[TV-Server] Channel Frequency -1 Prevents Editing of Channel (1 Viewer)

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just curious if anyone else has seen this happen.

After scanning and adding all of my ATSC channels, sometimes the data is not stored correctly in the channel list and a few will show up with the wrong physical , major, and/or minor channel number. This is not a big deal because I have a list of channels by physical number. The problem is that when I try to manually edit the channel and hit save, I am presented with a message that says something along the lines of "invalid frequency specified." This is caused by the frequency being set to -1 for every channel after scanning. The other channels that have -1 for the frequency but have the correct physical, major and minor numbers all work fine for recording and viewing, but I am unable to edit channels manually if needed. The only option I have is to delete the channels and scan again in hopes that it will get the correct information the second time around.

I thought I read something a few weeks ago where someone else saw the same thing, but I searched the forums without any luck. I also checked if this was an existing bug but couldn't find anything in Mantis.

Thanks!

-Steve

tomtj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    NW Chicago suburbs
    Home Country
    Yes, I see the exact same thing on at least one set of my Major channels. I don't know what to do. I have tried a followup scan but this hasn't done anything for me. Has that ever worked out for you? I think I only tried the rescan once.

Tony

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    It doesn't seem to make a difference how many times I try rescanning the channels, that frequency is never populated for me. Whether I delete the channel and rescan or if I leave it there and rescan, doesn't make a difference. Since I installed MediaPortal, never once has it showed a frequency other than -1 for ANY channel.

tomtj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    NW Chicago suburbs
    Home Country
    Hey Steve,
    One of us should probably do a rescan and post some log files. I'll get to that eventually if you don't beat me to it.
    I guess when I said see you around in that other thread, I didn't epect it to be with the same issue.
    Take Care ... Tony

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    I will try to do this whenever I get back from vacation. I leave in 2 days and doubt I will have time to do so before I leave. Glad to know that I'm not the only one seeing this problem.

-Steve

tomtj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    NW Chicago suburbs
    Home Country
    I tried to capture some doc last night. When I did the scan this time it picked up my missing stations and filled in the proper Major/minor channels. So I get my missing stations now. I was updating some channel information for the Schedules Direct EPG plugin prior to the scan because guide information was also missing on the channels that would not tune. I don't know if there would be a connection between EPG and channel tuning, but I rather doubt it. I can't explain it away though, the missing channels were in the tuner viewer for my HDHomerun tuners before the problem scans. I suppose it could be possible that the particular stations were offline at the time of the scan, but that also seems unlikely.
    So Steve, that puts me in the enviable position of no longer being able to reproduce the symptom. I can feel your pain buddy. Good luck and have a good vacation.

Tony

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    I have been working on this new Server and single client install for over a month.
    Just started trying to get the antenna working but all the channels are showing feq:-1
    i have reset the system and rescanned more times....
    I have WinTV installed and it has No Issues finding all the channels and connecting to them.

2012-05-06 09:32:33.001348 [DVB EPG timer(4)]: EpgCard: card: 2 starting to grab ATSC:tv:unknown LivWell Freq:-1 ONID:0 TSID:1003 SID:2 PMT:0x40 FTA:True LCN:10000 phys:44 maj:7 min:2 mod:Mod8Vsb
    2012-05-06 09:32:33.501348 [(11)]: EpgCard: allow grabbing for 0.5 seconds on card 2
    2012-05-06 09:33:03.501348 [(19)]: EpgCard: allow grabbing for 30.5 seconds on card 2
    2012-05-06 09:33:33.516973 [(4)]: EpgCard: allow grabbing for 60.515625 seconds on card 2
    2012-05-06 09:34:01.188848 [(20)]: EPG: grabber stopped..

Attachments

• WrongFreq.zip
      117.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom