TV Server config not showing tuners under Manual (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.4.0

Description
I should first say I'm using TVServerXBMC to let me watch TV on my RPi.
Anyway, the weird problem I have is that opening TV Server config, under Manual Control it's not showing any tuners or the Stop Service button. I know it's working however as I've been watching TV on the RPi and TVService is running.
If I go to Test Channels it does show the tuners there and shows them as idle but when I run the test all the channels fail as N/A. If I try and stop the service it fails so I have to kill it and restart it and then it works OK again.
It may just be that the TVServerXBMC plugin is buggy and I'll have to do without TV on the RPi but maybe there's some issues with MP there as well.

Steps to Reproduce:
Watch TV on RPi using TVServerXBMC plugin.

Open TV Server Config and see no tuners listed under Manual Control, even though the tuners can still be used by the RPi.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello doveman

I don't see any errors in the log files so maybe the easiest way to determine what is going on would be to disable the XBMC plugin temporarily, then try going back into the manual control section. This might require the service to be restarted. Since you can't get to manual control, click start, type cmd, hit ctrl+shift+enter (to run as admin), type net stop TVService, hit enter, type net start TVService, hit enter... now try TV Server configuration again.

mm

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks mm, I'll try disabling the plugin next time I see this happen but if I have to restart the service, that has fixed the problem previously even without disabling the plugin, so that probably won't tell us much.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No issues here while watching LiveTV on both XBMC (Client, not RPi) & MP Client at the same time.
    TVServerXBMC plugin version 1.4.0.123
    ManualControl.PNG

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah, same version here.

Sometimes it's fine but it's definitely the plugin that causes the problem as with it disabled (and TVService restarted) I never see this problem.

I'm not going to keep using it anyway as it doesn't use keep-alive to check whether the RPi is still using the stream, which can result in multiple streams being left running with no client using them (for example, if the RPi crashes, which it does a lot!), thus preventing the PC from going to standby.

I asked the author about it but he's said he's not planning on adding any such checks so I'm just going to have to do without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom