TV Server Configuration Fails To Start - get_Cards() error (1 Viewer)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
I am using MediaPortal 1. Where is its database stored?

I have been using 'Full MediaPortal product cleanup' option when uninstalling.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Where is its database stored?
    C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\data\mptvdb
    I'm not sure whether its safe to just delete those files though.

Did you read my edit about 'step 4' in the wiki. I would try that first, i.e.
    • Right click the TV Setup shortcut on your desktop, select Properties, in the target box copy and paste the full text below, including quotes, then click OK
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\SetupTv.exe" /Configure-DB
    Note: this path assumes you are using 64bit windows, if you are using 32 bit you will need to remove the (x86) bit after ProgramFiles
    • Double click the TV Setup shortcut, hopefully you will be presented with the dialog shown in the Wiki under 'Create New TV Server Database'
    • Update the hostname and schema as per the wiki
    • Test the connection, hopefully it succeeds
    • Click Save
    • Edit the TV Setup shortcut target back to it's original value, i.e. remove /Configure-DB from the end
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\SetupTv.exe"
    If that fails, you will need to upload a new set of logs after trying to start the TV Server configuration

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have suffered this problem also, and to echo Brownards advice somewhat. For some reason it always happens if I reinstall MP 1 on my desktop PC (never a problem on my HTPC). I have only had limited success repairing the database connection so what I now do is the full uninstall of MP and TVserver, delete the Media Portal folder in Program Data and then unininstall MySQL and also delete the MySQL folders in Program Files (or x86) and in Program Data. Then I do a fresh install of MP 1 again and it all works!:)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Brownard

I did what you said regarding step 4 and putting a space between SetupTv.exe and /Configure-DB. That fixed the problem I had before and TV server Configuration then started. It is unusual to have a space in an address like that.

After downloading the TV channels, I then tried to open MediaPortal. However, now I get an error messages saying "direct3d device could not be created" which prevents it from opening.

I also installed MediaPortal on another computer yesterday and it works without these problems. However, I find the new 1.15.0 version is more difficult to navigate and manage than the 1.2.3.0 version I had, so I will probably go back to 1.2.3.0. Or is there a way to make the interface the same so 1.15.0 version is like 1.2.3.0?

Is it best to do a full uninstall and cleanup when uninstalling 1.15.0 and going back to 1.15.0?

Regards Richard.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is unusual to have a space in an address like that.
    Well, no, not really. One is the program name and the other part is the argument. A space in-between is a must.

However, now I get an error messages saying "direct3d device could not be created" which prevents it from opening.
    Logs please.

However, I find the new 1.15.0 version is more difficult to navigate and manage than the 1.2.3.0 version I had, so I will probably go back to 1.2.3.0.
    That's entirely up to you. Keep in mind though that 1.2.3 is really old, has lots of bugs and is no longer supported.

Or is there a way to make the interface the same so 1.15.0 version is like 1.2.3.0?
    If you have difficulties with navigation you may want to try a different skin. There are really lots, check them out in the download section. Actually I don't even remember how 1.2.3 looked, hence you may simply post a screenshot (F11 or F12 produces a screenshot and puts it in the picture folder)

Is it best to do a full uninstall and cleanup when uninstalling 1.15.0 and going back to 1.15.0?
    As said above it is not recommended to run 1.2.3. However, if you want to do it, you need to do a full uninstall, including deleting the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom