Tv-server crashes on channel change using IP-TV (1 Viewer)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

I have been using MediaPortal for many years and in many different configurations. Today i i have mixture of KODI client running on android on nvidia shield and I also have regular MP clients on windows although i rarely use those any more. Im still using TV-server as my back end and for the most part its working great. I have recently changed my tuners to Digital Devices Octopus .NET IP-tv tuners. That is also for the most part working great. I have one problem though. Every now and then the tv-server sevice crashes when i change channels on my KODI client. Could someone (Probably MM ) take a look at the attached logs and see if they can find out why?

Thanks alot :)

Regards
Jacob

Attachments

• TVService-Error.zip
    578.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Jacob :)

Thank you for the report. Unfortunately the log files you've provided don't enable us to help you. For crashes we need the Windows application and system event logs which are normally picked up by the MediaPortal Watchdog tool. So, can you please use the Watchdog tool with option 3 on the server machine ("MediaPortal") to export your log files again, then attach the zip file it produces. Alternatively, please manually export, zip and attach the Windows application and system event logs from the server machine.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi MM,

I really appreciate your help. Attached are logs from option 3 in the watchdog tool.

Regards
    Jacob

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Jacob, are you running TV Server in a virtual machine?

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes i am. Is that a problem? I also have a HDhomerun IPTV box. I dont believe i have seen crashes using that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is that a problem?
    Yes, I think there's a very good chance it could be.

I also have a HDhomerun IPTV box. I dont believe i have seen crashes using that.
    HDHR and SAT>IP are quite different. Comparing apples with oranges. :)

How have you configured the networking in the VM? (eg. NAT)
    Is the physical network link wired (ie. 100 Mb/s or 1G)?

According to the Windows application event log the crash source is the RTSP module of the IPTV source. That's no big surprise because SAT>IP uses RTSP as the streaming protocol. We already fixed one crash-causing issue in the IPTV source for MP 1.16 final, so if you haven't already, please make sure you install the patch from here:
    IPTV TVServer Dienst crasht mit DD OctopusNET

[edit: When you apply the above patch, make sure to move your backup of MPIPTV_UDP.dll outside the TV Server install folder. Otherwise TV Server will use both versions of the UDP plugin.]

That may solve some of your crashes. Uunfortunately I don't expect it to solve all of them, so could you please:
    1. Set the IPTV source log level to 5 (data) in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\MPIPTVSource.ini (can be edited in any text editor).
    2. Use TV Server as usual until you've seen 2 or 3 crashes.
    3. Use the Watchdog option 3 to export log files again.
    Sorry to ask you to provide log files again. Trying to solve crashes remotely can be very challenging and time consuming. Thanks in advance for your patience.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi MM,

You definately do not have to apoligize. I really appreciate your help!

My VM's are routed/bridged and are all wired 1Gbit

I have NOT applied the patch but will do so. I will also set the log level to 5 on the IPTV Source. My weekend i already fully booked but with a little luck I will be able to look at this on sunday.

Thanks again

/Jacob

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi MM,

I just now replaced the DLL and will test that out, Setting the log to 5 (data) does however cause the client to buffer like crazy and its not usable. I set that back to 3 and its working again.

I will report my findings with the new dll.

regards
    Jacob

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Jacob, the log level needs to be 5. I expected the buffering, but from the log it looked like the crashes were quite frequent (eg. at least one per day). Therefore I was hoping you could have spent half an hour changing channels every minute or so (or even use TV Server config's 'test channels' function to automate), and with luck you'd see a crash or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom