Tv-server crashes on channel change using IP-TV (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Jacob (y)

The log files do help to narrow down the source/cause of the problem, but currently I'm not able to actually identify the exact cause when I look at the code. Locally (I have an OctopusNet for testing) I'm not able to reproduce the problem even after 100 channel changes (using the TV Server Config -> test channels section for automation). In other words: trying to solve this problem could be tough. :(

I'll keep you posted if there's any progress...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    After a lot of testing (hundreds of channel changes!) I finally encountered one crash. Luckily I had a debugger attached, and so I was able to see the crash source. The source was in the LIVE555 library that the IPTV source uses for RTSP support. So, I had a quick look at the LIVE555 changelog. It looks like the problem may (70% certainty) have been fixed in a recent update.

Can you please try the attached version of the IPTV RTSP plugin which uses the latest version of the LIVE555 library.
    You can set the IPTV source log level to 3 (info) again for now.
    If you encounter crashes (hopefully you won't because the problem is resolved!), please set the log level back to 5 (data) again and try to collect new log files as before.

Thanks in advance,
    mm
    :)

Attachments

• MPIPTV_RTSP [live555 2017.01.26].zip
      84.3 KB

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks MM. You are awesome. I will test with the new DLL and report if I encounter any problems

Regards
    Jacob

Update:
    Actually i already have some logs :)

The tv-service is not crashing like before but the client hangs for a while after channel change (just like before, but thats when the tv service would crash). The channel eventually displays but is choppy. Changing the channel again makes it work.

Update2:

It actually seems to be really stable now. I will give it some time at report back

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the update. The log files look okay and your reports sound promising... :D

[edit: About the choppy channel display...
    As far as I can see, there are no discontinuities in the TsWriter log, and very few in the IPTV source log. Therefore I expect the choppiness must be related to something on the client side (codecs, hardware acceleration, buffering etc.). Since you're using KODI, I can't help you with that.]

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi MM,

It seems it just needed to settle down. Everything has been rock stable all night so it seems you fixed the problem and also had nothing to do with the tv-server being run in a VM.

Thanks you so much :)

/Jacob

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...and also had nothing to do with the tv-server being run in a VM.
    I'm not so sure about that. It took a lot of time/channel-changes for me to finally be able reproduce the problem just once... whereas you seemed to be hitting a problem quite frequently. In my opinion, the VM is the difference. It made/makes your setup more fragile.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK. Makes sense. Nevertheless its working perfect now :)

I like having the TV-server running isolated all by itself and its very easy to take a backup of the full VM :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom