MP2 - V2.1 TV Server Crashing - EPG (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
March 27, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3

Description
Hi.

Having an issue with my TV server.

It seems that when it's idle it crashes. I can happily watch TV all night and it's fine.

Looking through the TV server logs it crashes with an exception of the epg.. service not available.

I have gone into the TV server configuration. I can select the main epg settings page properly but as soon as I try to select the TV epg or radio epg mapping page the TV server config crashes the TV service.

I then have to go to the service monitor and start the service again and it's fine until something epg related happens. It seems I have some epg data collected but not all.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Steps to Reproduce:
Leave system idle and when it attempts an epg grab it crashes the service. Also going into the TV server configuration on epg pages crashes the service.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Can you create a set of debug logs showing the issue. I think you'll need to set the log level in both TvSetup and in MP2 Client.

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    OK, so I turned on debug level in the GUI and managed to get a crash - it seems that its whenever the tuners are doing anything (live TV or grabbing) and media importer is running..

I came to this conclusion because I realised that I hadn't imported my photos in yet and was watching TV downstairs and through I would do it whilst i was thinking about it - it ran live tv for 5 minutes and the server fell over. I then realised that every other time its done it was when I was going upstairs to watch TV in bed and I had set the importer going on the client downstairs (I was importing my movies and tv series etc) - by the time I had cleaned my teeth and turned the TV on it had crashed!

Ive attached the client and server logs from when the live tv is going and also the server log from when the client is idle but its importing whilst epg is grabbing.

I can replicate this by removing the media sources and starting again or just by re-importing the sources.

Attachments

• client_livetv.zip
      313.2 KB
    • server_epggrabbing-mediaimporter.zip
      1.1 MB
    • server_livetv-mediaimporter.zip
      1.1 MB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Anyone got any ideas??
    Hi,
    The server logs are still only at info level though they should have been switched to debug when the client was switched so not sure what happened there. You can switch the server manually by editing the file C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Config\MediaPortal.Common.Services.Logging.LogSettings.xml and changing LogLevel to Debug.

The SetupTv logs are however full of the below
    Code:
    [2018-04-15 15:22:43,615] [1458148] [SetupTv  ] [ERROR] -
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.116:31456

Server stack trace:
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(IPAddress[] addresses, Int32 port)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(AddressFamily family)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.GetSocket()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at TvControl.IController.CardPresent(Int32 cardId)
       at SetupTv.Sections.TestService.UpdateCardStatus()
    [2018-04-15 15:22:47,717] [1462251] [SetupTv  ] [DEBUG] - Exception in setuptv
    Can you try temporarily disabling any antivirus/firewall and see if that resolves it? If it does can you try adding a rule to your firewall to allow the port 31456 through?

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    sorry it has taken me a while to do this..

windows firewall off and avg in passive mode (as close to off as you can get now..

I am still getting my tv server falling over whenever a media import is happening.

logs attached (mp2 server logs now in debug).

let me know what you think - be nice to fix this as SWMBO has subtly (not so tonight) suggested that MP1 was better as it worked! if MP2 didnt keep doing this (and i can then move onto the onlinevideos forum to report my issues with that) and i could get it reliable there would be no grumbles!

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-04-22-23.04.33.zip
      1.7 MB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    let me know what you think
    From the Windows event log I can see that the crash is being caused by a StackOverflowException in taglib-sharp which is a library we use for reading audio files. You have loads of 'audio file seems to be broken' errors during an import so I suspect it's choking on some issue with reading your audio files.

Does any of your audio get successfully imported? Is there anything special about the files that don't (a random selection is below but there are lots more)?
    Maybe check file permissions, etc, to ensure that the server can open the files.
    Code:
    [2018-04-22 23:01:32,975] [1810134] [65       ] [INFO ] - AudioMetadataExtractor: Audio file '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///R:/mp-music/2002 Mercury Music Prize - The Album/04 - Track  4.mp3' seems to be broken
    [2018-04-22 23:02:01,444] [1838603] [79       ] [INFO ] - AudioMetadataExtractor: Audio file '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///R:/mp-music/Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Original London Cast Recording/01 - Orchestra.mp3' seems to be broken
    [2018-04-22 23:02:19,871] [1857030] [69       ] [INFO ] - AudioMetadataExtractor: Audio file '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///R:/mp-music/Fame Academy - Various/02 - Track  2.mp3' seems to be broken

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    OK. This is really really odd.. the random selection of mp3 you highlighted are corrupted.. and I don't mean a little.. they have 0 bytes data!!

I've looked through a random collection of other folders and a lot of them too are 0 bytes.. however I have a USB stick that I run in my car radio that was copied from the server and that is fine so I can copy the files back across..

Thank you for your help.. I would never have spotted this..

I guess then the importer needs changing so that on a file error it continues next and flags an error rather than the mp service (and the TV server itself) crash..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom