[no Bug] TV Server fails to record show if same title show exists (1 Viewer)

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Since upgrading to 1.3 beta, I have had the following problem. The problem did not exist before the upgrade from 1.2.3.

I have several news programs that repeat every day. I have them set up to "record every time on this channel" and keep 1 (some shows it's 2) under "episodes management".

My problem is that if the show with the same name already exists in the recorded TV folder, MP will refuse to record the new show for that day.

I have tried deleting my entire recorded TV library. I have also tried "delete entire schedule" for the shows in question, then re-scheduling. The only thing that I have done that allows the show to record is to manually delete the show from the previous day before the recording.

Here is the relevant part of the TV log, showing an example for the show "America Live":
    Code:
    2012-12-28 11:59:00.965295 [scheduler thread(10)]: Scheduler: Check recordings for schedule America Live...
    2012-12-28 11:59:00.986296 [scheduler thread(10)]: diskmanagement: recording America Live ended. type:Once max episodes:2
    2012-12-28 11:59:00.988296 [scheduler thread(10)]: TV3BlasterPlugin: Received TV Server Event "ScheduleDeleted"
    2012-12-28 11:59:00.996297 [scheduler thread(10)]: Scheduler: Schedule 12/28/2012 12:00:00 PM-America Live (-) has already been recorded (12/26/2012 11:59:18 AM) - aborting...

The full TV log file is attached. My System Specs are up-to-date at right. Please let me know if there is any other information needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    You haven't enabled this setting by mistake ?

scheduler.JPG

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    It was checked. I unchecked it.

I will update here when I know if it fixed the problem.

FWIW, I did NOT go in and check that box after the upgrade from 1.2.3 to 1.3b. Very peculiar.

Thank you very much for your quick response. I really appreciate the help.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Some settings within the TV server config need the service to be restarted for them to be actionable; incase you still have the problem.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for reporting back! Setting this to "no bug" for the time being. :)

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    Do we know how sensitive the new code is to determining whether a recording is actually a duplicate? As I recall the user could select Episode Name or Episode Number as the key... I ask because if the poster were using (some unique identifier like) the recorded date or episode number in the filename would he have had the same results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom