TV Server fails to start after IP address change (1 Viewer)

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've recently upgraded my Internet connection to fibre, and consequently the IP address of my single seat TV server changed. This caused the TV Server to fail to start, and I was unable to open the TV Server configuration to make the change either as this also failed to start-up.

I've come across this before, and the answer is to change the IP address in the SQL tables using SQL Workbench. Here's the link to the thread that I used:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-server-not-found-cannot-connect-help.127673/

The problem is sorted, and I have put a reservation in my routers DHCP server to ensure that this doesn't happen again, but this I thought was a little cumbersome.

I wondered if it would be possible to have error handling in the TV Server Configuration so when it couldn't connect to the TV Server at the old address, that it prompts you to enter a new address?

The other option would be to use the hostname instead of the IP address - but for some reason I have in the back of my mind that in order to have another TV client on the network, other than the client on the TV Server machine itself, I had to choose the IP address rather than the hostname.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom