TV server fails to start Windows Error 1058 (1 Viewer)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Somewhere an error entered my system. I first noticed it when it refused to delete some recordings and then was slow to start playback on 1.17. I installed pre-release 1.18 with the same results. Chkdsk /scan is successful no errors. sfc /scannow is successful with no errors. I have uninstalled/reinstalled mediaportal several times along with many and frequent reboots and I thought the installation of 1.18 might fix things, I was wrong.

If I manually (through services) start the TVserver I now get the windows error which states.
    Windows could not start the TVService service on Local Computer. Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I have NET4.0 and 3.5 service enabled.

I only use this computer for MediaPortal so I am a bit baffled. I have been without quality TV signals on my favorite channels for about 2 years and have watch DISH (yuk) while continuing to record some channels on Mediaportal. I have installed a new Rohn tower and my antenna is coming in today and I am in preparation and hope to return to Mediaportal fulltime.

Maybe someone could take a look at the logs and see a problem. I see a big problem in the last install but there were two logs and I may be misreading them.
    I also included the logs from the OldLogs directory the first 3 are the last logs and the next 5 are from the OldLogs directory.

I would really appreciate a quick look by someone.
    Thanks

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    the real expert on tv server problems is @mm1352000 who is in New Zealand, he should be around later in the day, I took a quick look at the logs see the following message

Controller: local ip address:192.168.1.16
    Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.

If you do a forum search for master/slave server setups are not supported there are a number of other message threads with that error. Looking at some of the threads this seem to be caused when TV Server computer name changed or the networking IP address for the TV Server changed. You might look at the other messages to get some ideas. But maybe just wait till later to see what @mm1352000 suggests.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Ron's assessment here is absolutely on the money:
    If you do a forum search for master/slave server setups are not supported there are a number of other message threads with that error. Looking at some of the threads this seem to be caused when TV Server computer name changed or the networking IP address for the TV Server changed.

Here are the options for fixing it:
    TV Server Configuration Fails To Start - get_Cards() error

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Hello

Ron's assessment here is absolutely on the money:

Here are the options for fixing it:
    TV Server Configuration Fails To Start - get_Cards() error

Thanks, I have no idea how master/slave was setup. Could have come from an attempt to load 2.1 pre
    I will follow the instructions. Also, I included the capture from the server failing to start. It will probably only confirm your analysis, but just in case I am uploading it.
    Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Install Failure Capture.JPG
      Install Failure Capture.JPG
      38.4 KB

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    You all were exactly correct. I reset my router to factory defaults a few months back and didn't think twice about the fact it moved me from 172.x.x.x to 192.x.x.x I modified the server address in the database and viola. I am working again. Big thanks to all of you for your help!

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    glad the fix was that easy. With my routers I use the router admin-web pages to reserve a fixed IP addresses for my MP tvservers. When I upgraded to new router I had to make sure I had the same reserved IP address setup on the new router.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom