MP2 - V2.3 Tv Server information (1 Viewer)

ghirotre

November 7, 2020
Home Country
Italy Italy
Country flag
Hi,
I have a pc server with 4 tuner dvbt and 2 tuner dvb2.
Server have mp2 tve3 installed and it is all ok.
I noticed this problem:
when i select a channel with still image (not black image) the server don't stream channel and try all the tuner before i can change channel (it is 10/15 seconds) after an pompt error.
I have this problem when there is a football game or motogp/formula 1 race, because some channel go down with a still image and other channel go up.
But i don't know when channel go down and go up so when i go on channel down, i need to wait 10/15 seconds and i have an error and then i can change channel.
It is possibile to stream channel with a still image?

Thanks in adavance

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    It is possibile to stream channel with a still image?
    As far as I know "TV Server" cannot do this. :(

i need to wait 10/15 seconds and i have an error and then i can change channel.
    You can specify how many tuners "TV Server" should try when the first attempt to tune the channel does not return a video stream. I would recommend specifying "1", so that "TV Server" will try only one tuner. You can also specify two other timeouts related to tuning, so you might want to reduce those too. See this page in the Wiki.

You can separately specify the number of tuners to try when starting a recording. See this page in the Wiki.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ghirotre

November 7, 2020
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Country flag
    Ok,
    Thanks a lot.
    Now i have set 1 tuner and 2 second to go in timeout.
    The inability to tune a channel with a still image, it is very annoying but you get used to it.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes I think it's best to test with TVE3.5 the different combinations. The MTD and MCD modes are handled differently, so we have an option more to evaluate
    Yes I think it's best to test with TVE3.5 the different combinations. The MTD and MCD modes are handled differently, so we have an...
    Hi, i wrote this problem already in the german section, but the problem could not be solved until now. @morpheus_xx tryed it with...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed it many thanks.
    That fixed it many thanks.
    I have nearly completed building a new desktop PC, hardware and software, everything was looking great till I tried to get MP2 2.3...
    Replies
    Views
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own configuration tool you need to select "MediaPortal" as the output destination (or something like that). So this might be worth checking (just in case I have remembered it correctly). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own...
    Hello, I am a new MP user. I recently installed MP2.3 on a HTPC running Win 7 64 bit. I have an networked Silicon Dust HDHR3-US...
    Replies
    Views
    So after a couple of days everything seems to be working again. New episodes are showing up correctly and Trakt has now correctly updated all of the watched episodes. Thank you to everyone for your assistance.
    So after a couple of days everything seems to be working again. New episodes are showing up correctly and Trakt has now correctly...
    Hi, Hoping for some guidance from the Brains Trust on a strange issue . There are a couple of series I am having an issue with My...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom