TV Server - Is this a bug (1 Viewer)

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
When moving channels around in in the groups tag, so that they appear in listing in the right order. I have found that the group tab disappears and the manual control wont load up when clicked. Only way to restore seems to be a complete reg cleanout and full install of everything. Driving me crazy, anyone any ideas. I am sure you used to be able to move channels in the main channels block, you still can but it does not show changes in the listings anymore. Only if you do it from the groups menu?

carlof

Portal Member
July 21, 2008
Home Country
The same thing happened to me, only it seemed to happen when I scanned in tv/radio channels from my DVB-S card. The error was something like this (I retreived this from a search I made yesterday but unfortunately the error log itself is no longer available):

Error: UnexpectedRowCountUnclassified
Gentle.Common.GentleException: The number of returned rows 0 did not match the expected count of 1.

This didn't happen when I scanned in tv and radio channels from the DVB-T so it is either something to do with a problem with DVB-S scanning, or maybe the large number of channels that come with DVB-S.

The only way I got around it was to uninstall the TV server and re-install it and use the export from my previous install which didn't have any radio channels.

It's taken me the best part of a day to sort this out, because each time I re-installed, I also had to uninstall and re-install ForTheRecord, so I've just given up on radio channels for now so that I have a useable system.

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
Thanks for the input, sorry about the logs, accidently deleted them. Yes it could well be the sat channels, I scanned the dvb-t first and ordered them before scanning for dvb-s. Could well be that, rather than just re-ordering them as I thought. As for the radio channels I can live without them, but I do need background audio epg for the sat channels (UK). I have done lots of installs, but never noticed this before. I guess it must be something in recent releases. I thought there may be a database file I could delete to clear the problem, but again possibly not!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The problem will be in the sql database, so if you delete that then you have a clean start with TVServer config.

I would tune both DVB-t and Sat first, combine any channels you want and then put them in order under the groups tab.

grandalf

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    I notice that all is well until the radio tab is ticked. From then on, the problem occurs. Glad it is not just me having the problem.

Could it be anything to do with the modified TsWriter for sky/Freesat?

grandalf

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Seems like it is nothing to do with TSwriter, and probably a UK (Sky?) sat issue. A work around is not to touch the radio section, no deletions or other changes. It appears that any changes to the radio database will cause this problem. You can still select stations in the list, if you need radio e.p.g, but that is all. Not finished sorting channels for final setup yet, but I am pretty confident that this will work now. Hope this is useful to anyone else with this issue.

carlof

Portal Member
    July 21, 2008
    Home Country
    I can confirm that this is definitely triggered by making any kind of changes to the Radio Channels after they've been scanned from DVB-S.

I can also confirm that there is a workaround as mentioned on the other post:
    - install Backup Settings plugin
    - do your scan and re-arrange/delete your TV and Radio channels
    - use the Backup Settings plugin to backup your TV server
    - uninstall the TV Server completely including dropping the database
    - re-install the TV server
    - re-install the Backup Settings plugin
    - use the Backup Settings plugin to import the previous backup.

Now even though you've changed the Radio channels, you can still get to Manual Control.

This does suggest it is something to do with what happens when the Radio channels are moved about, rather than any fundamental issue with how the Radio channels are handled in the app/db.

Hope this helps.

grandalf

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Carlof, this is useful info,

At the moment I have just left the radio channels as they were imported and disabled radio in the plugins. Do not use radio anyway. Wife will kill me if I start messing around now that it is working. Will try out your way when it next crashes, or new install.

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom