TV-Server on WHS - Collection of fixes and workarounds (1 Viewer)

larry_S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I try to tell it in English.

The Script update the time of the Task "MP_Aufnahmen". So the WHS wake up to the next record.
    While MP is recording or a record starts in the next time, the Script change the registry that LightsOut say to do nothing. So the WHS don't go to standby.
    After the recording has finished the Script change the registry back. So LightsOut can set the WHS to Standby.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok.. That makes sense. Now i know why it keeps changing back to " Do Nothing " .

So, nothing should show up in the calendar ?

One more thing, can you explain a little better what this means ? ----- > " enable on the advanced properties that the Computer shall be reactivated for task execution "
    Do you mean start task at system startup ?

Right now, i have both tasks set to " start at system startup ". is this correct ?

thank you again... :)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok.. That makes sense. Now i know why it keeps changing back to " Do Nothing " .

So, nothing should show up in the calendar ?

One more thing, can you explain a little better what this means ? ----- > " enable on the advanced properties that the Computer shall be reactivated for task execution "
    Do you mean start task at system startup ?

Right now, i have both tasks set to " start at system startup ". is this correct ?

thank you again... :)

Nothing is shown in the calender as the calender is not used at all. The task is regularly checking (I think in a 5min interval) the next programmed event and is setting the timer accordingly. This should be respected with the timeout period before the computer goes to hibernate/stby. (e.g. I have set the LO timeout to 15min which gives the plugin 3 cycles just in case)

"MP_Aufnahmen" is the event to control the wake-up task. So you have to enable of course that the task is allowed to bring back the computer from hibernate/stby. Therefore the task is not required to be started at system startup
    To my understanding "WHS_LO_erw" on the other hand is checking regularly the DB and handing over the the next event to "MP_Aufnahmen". This task is also starting "MP_Aufnahmen" in case it is not running. So, you have only to ensure to start "WHS_LO_Erw" at system startup.

Btw Larry:
    Just out of curiosity: Why two seperate tasks? I guess there is a reasoning behind it?

If I understood you right, one should avoid to manipulate the LO settings during record. This could have nasty side effects :)

One should also not try to force manually the computer into stby during record as no next event is scheduled and the computer will not come back to life anymore until a LO client initiates a wake-up.
    I see here a potential weakness as you have also other conditions which may keep the WHS alive (specific tasks, IP addresses, etc..). But I have no idea currently to suggest some better solution

Cheers,

ohdarklord

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2005
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I just wanted to thank people in this thread.

I just got tv server working on my server 2003 machine.

EDIT:: I just noticed that this first time I've posted in 2 years.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I just wanted to thank people in this thread.

I just got tv server working on my server 2003 machine.

EDIT:: I just noticed that this first time I've posted in 2 years.

So, does that mean:

a) you haven't used MP in two years?
    b) you haven't had any issue with MP within two years?

I'll pick the b :)

andyFg

Portal Member
    July 27, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for this thread yhoogi - I know have the latest 1.1 Alpha snapshot installed on my WHS AND streaming perfectly to my Windows 7 pc :)

That renaming of the tvservice.exe.config had me really stumped until I found this thead!

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi guys.
    Have any of you managed to get the Lights-Out script working as described by Yhoogi ? I can't for the life of me get it working.
    Everything is working ok, but the MP_Aufnhamen task never gets updated with the new wake up ( resume ) time.

I would love to hear from all of you that have managed to get it working.

Thank you.

larry_S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV-Server on WHS - Collection of fixes and workarounds

Hi vvulture,

I try it in English ;)
    You wrote, you are Using the SVN-Version.
    I don't use SVN since a longer time. The stable Version uses in the SQL Server the Database named "MpTvDb". When installing the SVN, i think Mediaportal creates an new Database with another name.
    So you have to change the Parameter of "DWH".
    I don't know the exactly Name of the Database. You can see it with the Microsoft Management Studio when you open the database.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: AW: TV-Server on WHS - Collection of fixes and workarounds

Thank you very much for replying Larry.

My database is named 'MpTvDb' just like in the script.

The problem i am having is that the time of the "MP_Aufnahmen' task never changes.

My 'WHS_Standby.log' is as follows :

14/02/2010 11:09:30 AM --- Start ---
    14/02/2010 11:09:30 AM Taskplaner = 01.01.2020
    14/02/2010 11:09:30 AM Set LightsOut = 0 (keine Aktion)
    14/02/2010 11:14:30 AM --- Start ---
    14/02/2010 11:14:30 AM Set Taskplaner: 14/02/2010 12:47:00 PM
    14/02/2010 11:14:30 AM Set LightsOut = 1

As you can see, there is no problem with database access. The log says to set taskplaner for 12:47:00 PM but the task never gets updated.
    I have screenshot at home. I will send it to you when i get home from work.

Thank you again.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello again Larry..
    Here is the screenshot i was talking about. Take a look at the WHS_Standby.log and the window with the tasks. You will see that the MP_Aufnahmen task did not change to wake up for recording.

I have also attached a copy of my WHS_LO_Ewr script with the changes made as per instructions. The only word i changed from german to english is "täglich" to "daily". Password has been deleted for security reasons.

****Could my problem be caused by some other German word in the script which is not recognised ? ****

Let me know what you think...

cheers

Attachments

• full screnn whs.jpg
      full screnn whs.jpg
      232.6 KB
    • WHS_LO_Erw.rar
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom