TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (3 Viewers)

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: New TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

I see this as a replacement to 4TR. As much as I love 4TR it would be nice to use MPs TV client because you end up with compatibility problems all the time not using it.

Rich

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Injected, I had a quick look on 4therecord, but need a lot more time here. I have not installed it yet, but the conflict management looks great there.

I have coded the EPG episode management for avoiding identical episodes/movies. This will be checked in the schedules and existing recordings. A first test looked promising. I will also work on a simple exclude filter and then release the next version.

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country

Forgive me, but I don't see what your plugin would add to 4TR, it already does suggestions and key word recording. The problem with 4TR is that TVserver doesn't know anything about its recordings, so you can't use other plugins like iPIMP and Gemx's WebServices plugin.

Rich

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TvWishList V0.0.0.2 released

I have released version 0.0.0.2 which now contains an exclude filter for disabling movies with specific phrases.
    I also coded a filter for detecting if the movie has been recorded or has been scheduled already. This has been discussed in the posts. If the title and the description do match to an old recording or an old schedule, the epg program item will be skipped. This can be used for both episodes and movies. With this, there is no more need for specific episode recordings, so the recording type got changed to either one movie or all movies only.
    have fun, huha

aal

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006

Hey,

Great plugin! 4TR is too complex for me and i had some issues getting it nicely integrated into MP. This plugin does the trick for me!

One issue i would like to report though: a test email is being sent succesfully, but when it tries to send a regular email the log shows (using v0.0.0.2):

2010-01-30 13:49:56.890625 [8]: Fatal Error: Email with subject TvWishList found programs sent to xxx@xs4all.nl
    2010-01-30 13:49:56.890625 [8]: Exception message is The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.

I have replaced my username in this log with xxx.

Another suggestion would be to have the ability to configure the TVWishList entries from within MP...

Keep up the good work!

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

aal, thanks for posting. i will look further into it.
    Although i understand that a MP plugin would be nice i am hesitating on that step, as i do not have experience with skins and Mp plugins using multiple languages. I have integrated TvWishList into my EmailScheduler Plugin, so you can create now a TvWishlist by a plain text email especially if your Media PC does not have a keyboard (like for me).

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country

I've only just had a change to have a look at this but its looking good so far, simple but effective.
    I've set up some rules and the recordings have been scheduled, i'll report back with any issues.
    Thanks a lot for your effort Huha.
    Rich

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country

I think there maybe an issue with consecutive recordings. I added a rule to record scrubs and it misses the first instances of an episode (the first). The pictures say it all, one window is the shedules that have been added from the WishList and the other window is the 4TR matching.

I hope its clear, I have attached my xmltv file in case its helpful.

Rich

Attachments

• scrubs.jpg
      scrubs.jpg
      367 KB

joit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

huha,

thanks for the plugin I have been waiting for so lang. How do you suggest to update to the current version? Is there an easier way than to uninstall and install and re-typing all the settings?

greets
    Hannes

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

richy759,
    could it be that the consecutive recording is disturbed by the prerecord and post record interval ? In that case you should have a message in the log file that a schedule conflict did occur. The conflict checking in Tvwishlist is very simple and does not recognize the number of Tv cards you have or resolve conflicts of susequent series being extended with pre record and post record interval. This is still on the to do list. Here i think 4TR has a lot more sophisticated algorithm developed over the time.

joit, if you can wait a little bit the next version of backupsettings will support the tvwishlist. Then you can backup your plugins and restore after the update with the next version.

Update: i think my conflict checking is hurting more than it helps. I will remove this for the next version and just output a warning in the email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom