TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (3 Viewers)

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: New TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

Ok that makes sense, when you release the new version I plan to switch over to it (from 4TR). :)

one question, do you store which programs have already been recorded? I ask this because if I record a program, watch it, delete it and 6 months later it is on again I wonder what will happen.

thanks again,
    Rich

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Rich, I am using the built in Tv server function for recordings to check if a show has been recorded before. So if you see it on the recordings in mediaPortal it will not get recorded again. This data base will get updated when you delete the file. If you still have it active in the wish list then 6 months later you may see it again. There are other cases where a user may want to record again after he accidently deleted it.
    I am making progress with the conflict management. There is a function available in tvserver.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 0.0.0.3 released

I have released the next version and i am asking for your testing.

The main issue was the conflict management. I have used from the Tv server some routines and hope this will fix now all the issues reported so far. The conflicts are now being checked depending on the number of Tv cards of the user and consecutive recordings should work.
    I have added two otions for the user either to allow scheduling from the TV wishlist or to skip schedules which cause a conflict. this can be chosen in the "Schedule Conflicts" option. By default it is not allowed to create conflicts by the schedules.
    The second new option will send the user via email all conflicts whenever the EPG checking has been done. I made this optional as some users may become annoyed when receiving an email for each EPG checking date. By default it is turned on.
    I have braught back episodes for the recording type. In case of an episode the schedule will be marked as an episode and this will choose the recording folder/title for episodes (you can store them in a separate folder from the recording options).

I was not able to reproduce the exception which aal reported. I do ask for more infos here. Does anyone else have the same issue? Is this repeatable for different email providers?

have fun, huha

aal

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006

Thanks Huha,

The email error turned out to be a misconfiguration on my part for encrypted SMTP. It is working fine now. Will test the new version soon. Thanks and keep up the good work!

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

This is looking fantastic Huha. I don't have any conflict issues anymore.
    Thanks,
    Rich

Anjin

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Home Country

Hi

I am using this plugin to send emails only, and it is working well.

Would you please consider expanding the seach fields to include seriesnum and episodenum / episodename. This would match to a particular season or individual episode in a tv series.

Thanks

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

Hi huha,
    your plugin looks very promisingly. But what i have some improvement suggestions:
    -Seperate values for pre/post recording time for each schedule because even live shows are sometimes very longer than epg data entry.
    -Time range limits the program have to be starting.
    -Seperate weekday selection.
    Regards,
    Netexplorer.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Anjin, netexplorer, I was out , but have started some extensions on schedules. The next version will include pre and post record specifications. i will look at the episode num and names next. As this requires some major changes it will take some time.

Wurlitzer

Portal Member
    October 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hi huha,

currently i have installed MP 1.1 RC1. I tried your plugin.
    I set an entry in the wishlist, went to the settings window i start "Test TVWishlist".
    I get allways the message "no wishlist definded - ready"!?

Wurlitzer

aal

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006

hi huha,

currently i have installed MP 1.1 RC1. I tried your plugin.
    I set an entry in the wishlist, went to the settings window i start "Test TVWishlist".
    I get allways the message "no wishlist definded - ready"!?

Wurlitzer

I had the same problem after re-installing on Win7 x86 and MP RC1. It seems that if you create a new entry in TVwishlist it creates it on the second line in the interface. The first line stays empty. After a few adds and deletes i managed to create en entry on the first line and everything is ok now... Not sure how this happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom