TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (2 Viewers)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
mcl,
do you have a backup of your tvwishlist data with my backupsetting plugin? If not i do recommend to install it and run an export after you entered the new data. With import you can then restore your TvWishList data again.
I am afraid I cannot help you with your other issues. I have not heard of any issues with TvWishList and TvServer. From your description the tv data base may be corrupted and a new installation may be the best thing to do here.

hounddog,
unfortunately i won´t be able to do this in one of the next versions due to lack of time. I did not understand what you meant with mtsa.exe and how that relates to TvWishList.

Haraldpeter

Portal Pro
March 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

Hi,
Many Thanks for your Plugin. But for me your PDF. description - special the Part with SQL entries - are a little bit to complicated.

Lets say I want a Search for Final Destination. I took this Words under Search, tick one movie and all the others are default.

If TVWishlist find a Entry ( Clickfinder EPG DATA ) when scrapped epg Data at a predefined Time ( defined in Settings ) what happends ? Does the PC wakeup from standby to do the Recording ?

Best Regards
Haraldpeter

mcl

Portal Pro
December 1, 2009

unfortunatel i haven't used your backup plugin so far. but i will have a look at it now :)

i re-entered all the data and i'm a bit confused now. i have a program called "ermittlungsakte". after the search the plugin scheduled it right. but in the found-tab of tvwishlist nothing is mentioned. it says found 0.

a bigger problem is "how i met your mother". currently there are only repeats of this show. so i configured wishlist to just inform me about this program. not to record it. but after the search wishlist schedules all episodes and sends me an e-Mail saying that it would just inform me but not record it. what do i do wrong? as action i selected email.

btw i found out when i use time after and time before that the program must start after "time after" and has to stop before "time before". is there a chance to get an option to just define a time window when the show starts? i mean something like "record xy if it starts between 22:00 and 22:30 - no matter how long the program is".

and one last but very annoying thing: "skip repeated episodes" is turned off for all of my entries. but after a search wishlist re-enables it for all entries. why that? there are program which have an identical description every time they are aired. even if it's not the same episode. with this behavior i will only get one recording.

and it's getting stranger from test to test. i've just had the plugin search the epg once again.
"ermittlungsakte" is still not found in the tab "found" but it's scheduled.
"criminal minds" and "how i met your mother" is found and scheduled though it should only send an e-mail.
this time the plugin didn't change the "skip repeated" option.
and though there wasn't an epg update meanwhile, it now says it would have found 7 csi (5 before) and 80 how i met your mother (this was 40 before).

i'm really confused now. the worst things really are the schedules of the "email only" programs and the confusing numbers in the "found" tab. and of course the "skip repeated" thing if it should happen again.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Haraldpeter,
for standard users there is no need to use the SQL queries. The easiest way is to use partial title and just enter the search.
Your second question i cannot answer as i do not have any scrapped EPG data. The plugin will just search your existing epg data and send and email and/or schedule it using the standard media portal function. This means it will treat the recordings like any other recording you did schedule from the TV client. In order to wake up your pc you must configure powerscheduler 8see the manual of MP.

mcl, please turn under settings the "verbose debug" on and post your log file again after repeating the same procedure. Please write down the exact time when tvwishlist changes the check box settings, so that i can trace in the new log file.

mcl

Portal Pro
December 1, 2009

well verbose debug was switched on. i tried it again today. what i did:
1. i deleted the programs "criminal minds" and "how i met your mother" in the schedules section of the tv server configuration.
2. i had tv wishlist search the epg

and again it scheduled criminal mind and how i met your mother though it should only send an email. also the log says "action 5=Email". what i don't get is why it then says "Message Criminal Minds exists already fot type Email". and that's the same for "how i met your mother".

the problem with the re-enabled "skip repeated episodes" hasn't occured again so far. but this scheduling though it shouldn't really drives me crazy :)

i started the search at 11:35. simply look for "criminal minds" or "how i met your mother".

p.s.: the found tab still tells me higher numbers from search to search though the epg data hasn't been updated yet. and in the case of "ermittlungsakte" it still says found: 0 but schedules 1 program (which is right).

what i really appreciated was some kind of overview tab with a control number. the number says how many episodes of a given program should be recorded per week. something like the schedule section in the tv service but seperated in weeksdays. and then the possibility to give a control number. let's say csi aires 3 times a week on different channels (i don't count the repeats). then the control number would be 3. "ermittlungsakte" would have the number 1.
for every program i define this control number. and in the overview tab there is monday: csi (3/3), tuesday csi (3/3) and ermittlungsakte (1/1) and so on.

and one last thing (once again :) ): when i've have started my server and wanted to watch tv i recognized that the tvservice wasn't running. just like the other times when i was using your plugin. i know that you haven't ever heared about such problems but i find it strange that now that i again try to use your plugin my tvservice crashes again. and i can't find anything in the logs about it.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
mcl,
let me answer the easy one first: A few versions ago i changed the message system and each sent email is now stored in an xml file. The problem was before that in case of only sending an email the email was sent each time when Tvwishlist was searching your epg data and the users did get multiple emails on the same subject. With the new version, TvWishList will remember if a reminding email has been sent already from the data in the xml file (stored in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TvWishList\Messages.xml). This will be logged by "Message Criminal Minds exists already fot type Email".
With your new log file i do have your settings documented and will try to reproduce the problem.

Update: I found an issue with the found tab. In the next version it will be only increased if a program will be scheduled. So "email"only will not increase repeatedly for each scan the counter.

Update: I found a bug for your issue with "criminal minds" and "how i met your mother". It had to do with the new messaging system and will be corrected in the next version.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
mcl,
attached a test version 1.2.0.7 (not fully debugged yet).
The following changes are included:
- plugin compatibility check for future version 1.2
- for repeated schedule checking in existing recordings and repeated program schedules now title and description and episodename and episodenumber will be compared and must match in order to get skipped.
i could not fully debug episode number and part as my epg data do not contain those. Any user help with a feedback how this works would be appreciated.
- bugfix on mcl reported issues with scheduling of programs, where only an email should be sent
- bugfix on updating the found counter only if a new schedule is created.

Update: test version removed due to newer update

mcl

Portal Pro
December 1, 2009

hi huha,

thank you for your update.

the problem with the scheduling though it should only send an e-mail is fixed. great!
the number of found programs isn't raising anymore. well it still says 122 for "how i met your mother" but i think that's just the old number, i don't know. well, it's not raising anymore. good!
i don't know if it's a bug or working as intended: i want to record "dsds - die entscheidung". ther is no such entry in my actual epg data because it will only be aired next week on saturday and my data is only till next thursday. but there is a programm called "let's dance - die entscheidung" this week. so i excluded the word dance. and it's not scheduling it. that's good. but in the found tab it says 1. well it's right that here is one program with the "die entscheidung" in the title. so found 1 would be ok. but my criteria also says no "let's dance". so there should be 0 :)
perhaps, as a solution you could make a "scheduled" tab that tells how many programs are set for recording. just a suggestion.

again i want you to ask to implement the possibility to define the start time as a timewindow. meaning that your starts after and end before means that the show has to be in between. i would love to just configure the starttime.
example:
a) a show, let's call it dsds usally starts around 20:15 - 20:30. it's live. so usually it ends around 22:00 but could also be longer.
b) or there are other shows that sometimes start around 22:00 but sometimes only at 23:00 or later.
ok, i could define after 20:00 or in case b) 22:00 and keep before to "any". but in this case, if i get it right, it would also record a repeat if it's aired at 1:00 for example.
i would find it great to have the possibility to just say record case a) if it starts between 19:55 and 20:35 no matter how long it will be. but record only this one if it starts between 19:55 and 20:35 and no repeat that's aired sometime in the night.
same for case b) record this this evertime it's airtime starts between 22:00 and 23:10.

last suggestion :)
to find out if a program is a repeat or not i think we need some more options. because every epg data is different. i once suggested to compare the episode title which is quite save.
now you made an improvement. but you say it now compares all of the pints (title, episodetitle, description, ...). in most cases this won't help me.
example:

first aired:
title: csi
episodetitle: murder
episodenumber: s05e04
description: xyz

repeat:
title: csi
episodetitle: murder
episodenumber: s05e04
description: xyz (Wdh.)

Wdh. = Wiederholung = german word for repeat. in this case everthing is identical but those 3 letters will tvwishlist make think it's a new one.
another example are liveshows. they often have an identical description that says what it's all about. good example is dsds (same like american idol). only the episodetitel says something like "5. mottoshow".
i guess there are a lot more options belonging to the data you have.
i'd love an option (best would be for every schedule) to say only want you to compare the episodetitle or the description or both of them. and perhaps another option for a keyword like "(Wdh.)" that i can define myself.

ok, enough text. you are doing a great work! great plugin!

thanks a lot

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi mcl,
thanks a lot for your thorough testing - i really appreciate that.

1) i will look into the exclude issue with the found counter
2) you convinced me with the start time and that´s on the list to be changed in the next version. i will only use the start time for the filter condition.
3) your detailed example with the episode title was very helpful for me, as i do not have those data in my EPG.
So i will try the following for comparing old recordings and schedules:

Skip as an repeated episode
if ( (title is equal) AND (description is equal) AND (episodenumber is empty) ) OR ( (title is equal) AND (episodenumber is NOT Empty) AND (Episodetitle is equal) AND (Episiodenumber is equal) )

Does that make sense? What I am still not understanding is what is the difference between episode name and episode part? Do you have an example like the one above for that? Do i need to include both episodename and episodepart for the comparison? The MediaPortal recording and program structure does contain three entries for episodes (part, name and number).

P.S. i have also included in 1.2.0.7 additional try - catch statements for all my subroutines interacting with Tv service. So if you discover an error message related to TvWishlist please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom