TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (6 Viewers)

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I hope this isnt a dumb question but as a tvwish user, am i wrong in thinking this program is what i should use to record my shows? I am trying to record my tv shows and not record repeats. i am in the US by the way. To do this do I just put the show in search for? Is there anything I need to do to make sure i dont record NON New Episodes? Thanks!

mcl

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2009
    AW: TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

hi huha,

actually i don't really know what episode part stands for. i see it in the logs but it's always empty. i guess it's the same as episode number. or it could be something like s01e02. like series number is 01, episode number is 02 and episode part is s01e02.
    but as i said i don't have any entries in this tab.

about your suggestion for the repeated episodes:
    "if ( (title is equal) AND (description is equal) AND (episodenumber is empty) ) OR ( (title is equal) AND (episodenumber is NOT Empty) AND (Episodetitle is equal) AND (Episiodenumber is equal) )"

i would change it this way:
    if ( (title is equal) AND (description is equal) AND (episodetitle is equal) ) OR
    ( (title is equal) AND (Episodetitle is equal) AND (Episiodenumber is equal) )

actually i don't have any episode numbers in my epg. but you can let it so for those who have those data. in my case it's always empty which for sql means it's the same :) that's the reason why i wouldn't use anything like "episodenumber is (not) empty".

2 examples for my suggestion:

program 1
    title: live show
    episodetitle: the first of 10 castings
    episodenumber:
    description: once again dsds is look for the best singers in germany

program 2
    title: live show
    episodetitle: the second of 10 castings
    episodenumber:
    description: once again dsds is look for the best singers in germany

program 3
    title: csi
    episodetitle: murder in the dark
    episodenumber:
    description: this is the 3. episode of season 4. this time the team has to ....

program 4
    title: csi
    episodetitle: murder in the dark
    episodenumber:
    description: Wdh. this is the 3. episode of season 4. this time the team has to ....

as you can see for program 3 and 4 the only thing that has changed is the "Wdh." in the beginning of the description. so
    if ( (title is equal) AND (description is equal) AND (episodenumber is empty) )
    would not recognize it as a repeat because the description is not equal.

(title is equal) AND (episodenumber is NOT Empty) AND (Episodetitle is equal) AND (Episiodenumber is equal)
    wouldn't recognize it either because the episodenumber is empty.

for program 1 and 2 the only thing that has changed is the episodetitle. so
    if ( (title is equal) AND (description is equal) AND (episodenumber is empty)
    would mark it as a repeat though it is none!

my suggestion
    if ( (title is equal) AND (description is equal) AND (episodetitle is equal) )
    recognizes that program 1 and 2 are not the same and recors both of them.

( (title is equal) AND (Episodetitle is equal) AND (Episiodenumber is equal) )
    would recognize that program 4 is the repeat of program 3

for movies you could add something like
    if ( (title is equal) AND (description is equal) AND (episodetitle is empty) )
    perhaps without the description part as this could change from station to station when aired again. actually i don't think it's really useful to use it for movies anyway. but ok for those who want to look for things like "star wars" 1-6 it's ok :)
    but i would add it as an extra option because this will only work if you have an epg with episodename data.
    but it could also happen that the epg provider writes "clone wars" in the episodetitle tab :)
    i guess for movies you really should add an extra option that just compares the title and nothing else. because all other entries could change even the description.

that's it so far :)

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ap90033, this is what it is supposed to do, but the issue is that EPG data are different between users and probably between countries. The plugin right now only compares title and description and will skip repeated episodes if theyboth do match. Please check the manual for more details.

mcl,
    looks like this is getting more complex than i thaught. From your posting and from looking at your log file again I am thinking of a slightly different approach now, where i would add additional global settings in the setting section:

1) adding skip repeated phrase in title and description (string) e.g. "(wdh.)" for repeated mark in epg data of title or description.
    I would eliminate the specified string in the title and in the description before further processing it.

2) adding a skip criteria for movies: checkboxes for title description episode_name episode_part episode_number
    default setting checks title only

3) adding skip criteria for Episodes: checkboxes for title description episode_name episode_part episode_number
    default settings checks title and episodename and description

By that the user could identify the match criteria for repeated episodes by himself. I would assume that the EPG data are consistent with respect to their methodology for descriptions in repeated episodes.

Please let me know if users think that this would not work for them.

mcl

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2009

one more idea for the email function:

i'd love to see some kind of summary on top. and if it's possible some colors to differ between certain things.

example:

Schedules from 29.03.2011 - 11.04.2011

Records (11):
    4x "How I met your mother" (30.03./2.04./4.04./10.04.)
    1x "Deutschland sucht den Superstar" (3.04.)
    2x "Ermittlungsakte" (5.04.)

Reminder (but not scheduled) (1):
    2x "Criminal Minds" (4.04./11.04.)

Conflicts (1):
    - 10.04. 20:10 CSI (RTL) / 20:10 Dr. House (VOX) / 20:30 Navy CIS (Sat.1)

Details:
    the rest of the e-mail as it is right now.

that's just a first example of how it could look like. it would be much easier to control if everything is right. and you could instantly see that there is a conflict.
    instead of "4x how i met your mother (date)" one could also do it this way:
    30.03. How I met your mother (EPISODE_TITLE)
    02.04. How I met your mother (EPISODE_TITLE)
    04.04. How I met your mother (EPISODE_TITLE)
    10.04. How I met your mother (EPISODE_TITLE)

but i would keep it together like a category and not use the date for sorting. so you can see that it's 4 episodes for the next 2 weeks (that should be ok).

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    How would I get the exact data you are looking at? Sorry if I am such a noob, I have for instance Criminal minds to record and it comes on two channels and I am trying to figure out if in the title or epg data somewhere it mentions "repeat" (it says this in Media Center which is used everywhere). I am guessing I will have to do a SQL String to somehow filter out the ton of repeats versus the new episodes... ? I looked at the PDF and it doesnt really cover what TVWishlist looks at from the EPG exactly. I figure if I can get this info (I am pulling my guide via XML from imdb.com) I can figure out a way to do what i need. Thanks.
    heck I tried putting in Criminal Minds w default settings and nothing was found.

mcl

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2009

have you selected the right channel group when you tried criminal minds with default settings?
    it depends to the provider of your epg data if there are things like "repeat". here in germany for example i use the so called clickfinder plugin which gets its information from tvmovie.de. for this plugin you can define if you want programs to be marked with things like "Wdh." (which means repeat) or "live".

but because there are so many different epgs my suggestion was to implement the possibility to define the criteria for a repeated episode yourself. i still think for most people an easy compare of title and episode_title will do it.
    descriptions can change. perhaps when a show is first aired it says something about it (about the episode) and when it's repeated it could be that there is only a text saying "repeat" :)
    but the title of series and it's episode will not change. so sthis should work for you, too as soon as huha has made the update. can be that it won't work with live shows (as seen in my examples some posts above). but there are other filters you can define for recognizing them.

mcl

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2009

i have a new problem :) but i'm not shure if it concerns to tvwishlist or the tvserver itself.
    yesterday i had 2 schedules at the same time (20:15). so far no problem since 1. i have 2 tv cards and 2. one show came on rtl and the other one on vox. vox and rtl are the same provider which ususally means that i could also record both programs if i had only one tv card. i'm speaking of satellite.

then i saw that also at the same time soccer was shown on zdf (which is another provider). so scheduled soccer by the epg in media portal.
    i guess you know what happend - it recorded the 2 shows scheduled by your plugin but no soccer.
    now i'm not sure if it has something to do with the priority one can select in tvwishlist or not.

i have 1 dvb-s and 1 dvb-c card. the dvb-s modell has the highest priority (9) in the tvserver, followed by the dvb-c card (8). i think, since dvb-s has the highest prio it should record both shows by dvb-s if possible (which it was in this case). if not possible then it should use the dvb-c card for the other show.

the prio i can set in tvwishlist, is it the same like in the server? or is it a own system? i mean, does prio 9 mean dvb-s, and prio 8 dvb-c (in my case)? all prios in wishlist are set to 0 which is the default.

if tvwishlist is not the reason do you happen to know what i have to change in the tvserver so that it would first check if it's possible to record a 2nd show with the same dvb-s card before it uses the other one?

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Re: AW: TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

have you selected the right channel group when you tried criminal minds with default settings?
    it depends to the provider of your epg data if there are things like "repeat". here in germany for example i use the so called clickfinder plugin which gets its information from tvmovie.de. for this plugin you can define if you want programs to be marked with things like "Wdh." (which means repeat) or "live".

but because there are so many different epgs my suggestion was to implement the possibility to define the criteria for a repeated episode yourself. i still think for most people an easy compare of title and episode_title will do it.
    descriptions can change. perhaps when a show is first aired it says something about it (about the episode) and when it's repeated it could be that there is only a text saying "repeat" :)
    but the title of series and it's episode will not change. so sthis should work for you, too as soon as huha has made the update. can be that it won't work with live shows (as seen in my examples some posts above). but there are other filters you can define for recognizing them.

I had the ALL Channels Group (I dont have any channel groups) selected. Is there any easy way to see the actual EPG Data that is downloaded so I know what field and data to filter by? Are there any plugins that would help me? I am in the U.S. THANKS!

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mcl,
    i will think about the summary part without promising anything, but this will need more time.
    The priority system is the same as for Tvserver, but i do not think it is related to the cards. There is a separate "Recommended card" feature in the schedule structure of MP.
    Unfortunately the default priority by MediaPortal is 0, which means lowest priority for conflicting recordings.
    You can choose to use a recommended card in the recording options of TvWishList.

ap90033,
    you can use my backupsettings plugin and do an export of your settings. In the file ...\TVUSER\TVsettings.xml you can search for "<program". This will show you all your EPG data and the attributes. If you need help on settings it would be good to post a few examples of your episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom