TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (2 Viewers)

Migue

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Florida
    Hi huha,
    to create a MPEI extension compatible with both 1.1.x and 1.2 just use the MPeMaker in SVN or the one in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ls-version-check-community-development-96698/ and re-save your project.

This should add the necessary dependency information to make it compatible for 1.2.

Then, to make it backward compatible with 1.1.x, open the xmp2 in a text editor and look for the MediaPortal dependency in the Dependencies section and change the value of the WarnOnly tag from false to true.

Let me know if you need assistance.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Jiro, I suspect the long time has to do with the server communication on your network. i have tried one thing which may help. It will be included in the next version. Please let me know if it helped.
    Migue, thanks a lot for your help and the link. I will try this next.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 1.2.0.12RC1 released on 13.August.2011

I have released the first "official" version of the new mediaPortal plugin. You can download it on the first post.

There were a lot of changes from the preview. Please provide me feedback on testing.
    The attached manual describes all new functions

Language translators, please hold back one more time as i need to do some clean up next.

Version 1.2.0.12RC1 released on 13.August.2011
    • new MediaPortal plugin TvWishListMP
    • configure Email message format for the Tv server plugin in the Tvserver configuration

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: Version 1.2.0.12RC1 released on 13.August.2011

Hi huha,

first i have tested Server plugin only, Client plugin have installed only and Client have started...
    • Server Installation - running OK, right verison TVWishList.dll was installed, but Error message was viewed, see attached printscreen
    • Server configuration - OK, except e-mail message definition - I just have not yet understood how to define e-mail content. I have to read the manual... :D
    • Server functions - seems to be OK
    • Client installation - OK
    • Client configuration - OK, new configurable features I like, somehow I imagined it ... :D
    • Client functions - so far I just started MP client with new TVWishListMP plugin. Immediately after running the message came "The loss of connection with TV Server". I tried to disable TVWishListMP plugin and I launched the client again - without loss of connection. I tried several times and it is clear that failure causes TVWishListTV plugin already in the initialization phase! To further test, I still get ... Maybe tomorrow.
    Thanks for your work, I think, it will be perfect - optimum between functionality and complexity.

JiRo.

P.S. I'm studying the manual as it is with those messages... :D

Attachments

• TVWishList, Installation Error.JPG
      TVWishList, Installation Error.JPG
      128.9 KB

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Testing continue...
    • Server plugin - message format... - how easy. I set the default format and another I will try later.
    • Server plugin - prerecord default time. The manual says that configuration takes default value from recording parameters. There I have set prerecord time 1min, but the configuration of the plugin still appears prerecord default time 5min.
    JiRo.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi JiRo,
    thanks again for the detailed testing.
    - the installer error is a bug and can be ignored
    - i did move the daatabase communication to the init phase hoping it would improve things, but looks like I made it worse for you. I will change back to the original version in the next release
    -the Tvserver prerecord/post record time is only used from the recording section if you click the default button. i need to describe better in the manual. That should be better in the MP plugin
    - found also that in the MP plugin the check button is not working in the configuration

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Huha,

Is just me? When I open the plugin nothing works via remote, however keyboard and mouse work fine. Once the plugin has been initially clicked, the remote works after that, even if I exit the plugin and re-open it. It's like no control has the initial focus on first opening...
    Anyway, it's still an excellent addition. It just means I have to use my legs to go to the HTPC to 'initialise' the plugin for remote use. At least I no longer have to exit MP to use it.
    Thanks heaps for your efforts :)

Oh, BTW. I just use a simple MCE Remote control with the IR Server plugin.

Cheers,

Nick Name.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 1.2.0.13 released

I have released 1.2.0.13, which will be the final version from my view. At this time i do ask for your help on language translations. Please use the english version e.g. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\TvWishListMP\strings_en.xml as a template and do only translate the strings, but not the comments.
    nickname, thanks a lot for reporting this issue. It is not fixed in this version, but will be next on my list.
    I will be out for a few weeks, but will continue afterwards and hope to get more language files from you for the next release.

A few highlights:
    -with use name folder you can now specify in the name field a folder, where all your TvWish movies will be placed after recording
    - there were many new features and fixes in the MP plugin. Check the manual. You can now configure the filter items you want and also the default values for a new TV wish e.g. your channel group, prerecord, postrecord, ...

Version 1.2.0.13 released on 20.August.2011
    Tvserver Plugin:
    • new columns „Name“, „Use Name Folder“ and „Within Next Hours“
    • bug fixes

• MediaPortal Plugin:
    • „Export“/“Import“ in main menu on „More“
    • Select „All Items“ / „Userdefiend Items“ on edit window on „More“
    • View found hits of a single Tv wish
    • many many bug fixes
    • select on the view result window a show for quick scheduling or going to the TV
    screen

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nickname,
    please try the attached testversion and let me know if it fixes the remote control focus issue.
    I was not able to focus the playlist in the beginning, but came around it by forcing a mouse move to 0,0 whenever the page is entered.

Update: Still not working, but i know why. Another update will come soon

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, attached should be the fix for the remote controls. please try and let me know. I will be out by now and will follow up in 3 weeks

Update: I found a better solution and uploaded again at 23:15

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom