TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (3 Viewers)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

I think that isn't a good idea. You can compare it with an advanced schedule, maybe "Record every time on this channel". There you can set a different post recording time for this schedule and then every show from this schedule will record with this post recording time and not with standard setting.

For me, these sort of decisions depend on usage scenarios.

For programs that are on regularly, you can just set a normal schedule and you don't need this plugin.

For me, the usage of this is to get a notification of something that I really want to watch but I don't know if it is going to be on.

For me, I would happily remove the scheduling aspect from the plugin, and simply have the email notifications. Okay, so what if I am away when the program is going to be on? Well, scheduling is needed at that stage.

However, if I simply want to record a series when it is re-run, I will wait until TVWishList schedules/notifies me of the first episode, and then I can cancel the item from TVWishList and schedule it in the normal way.

So, I would prefer to keep things simple. Input the name, specify a partial or full match, and specify record once/every time, and then record with the default settings.

Perhaps each schedule needs an expert and standard mode?

To me, the easiest way to use this is through the MP plugin. However, if the method of setting through the MP plugin is cleaner and easier, why not use something similar in SetupTV.exe ?

I am not trying to be critical, I would just like to help make this as useful as possible (to everyone, not just to me).

Mark

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

For me, these sort of decisions depend on usage scenarios.
    Agree. But the scenario may be different in one install MediaPortal. We have multiseat setup, and four clients - wife's, daughter's, myself and one in living room. TVWishListMP allows everyone to set exactly what need.

For programs that are on regularly, you can just set a normal schedule and you don't need this plugin.
    EPG in our (Czech) television are not as predictable as it was needed. TVWishList is very often the only way to successfully record some series.

For me, the usage of this is to get a notification of something that I really want to watch but I don't know if it is going to be on.

For me, I would happily remove the scheduling aspect from the plugin, and simply have the email notifications. Okay, so what if I am away when the program is going to be on? Well, scheduling is needed at that stage.
    All what you describe TVWishListMP and TVWishList can provide.

However, if I simply want to record a series when it is re-run, I will wait until TVWishList schedules/notifies me of the first episode, and then I can cancel the item from TVWishList and schedule it in the normal way.
    As I wrote, it does not work always and everywhere.

So, I would prefer to keep things simple. Input the name, specify a partial or full match, and specify record once/every time, and then record with the default settings..
    By configuring TVWishListMP after all it can be easily achieved.

Perhaps each schedule needs an expert and standard mode?.
    That would be too difficult. For me just to define the configuration for individual clients. Moreover, if a parameter is consider to be redundant, just ignore it. Default values ​​allow it.

To me, the easiest way to use this is through the MP plugin. However, if the method of setting through the MP plugin is cleaner and easier, why not use something similar in SetupTV.exe ?.
    As I wrote in the first paragraph, in the multiset configuration, there may be many users. I would not like to configure the TV Server allowed for some of theirs.

I am not trying to be critical, I would just like to help make this as useful as possible (to everyone, not just to me).
    For me it's not critical. You described your requirements. I have told you my requirements. The good message is that both of our requirements can (more or less) huha's TVWishLislMP + TVWishlíst meet.

JiRo

HungrigerHugo

Portal Member
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

Hello.

i've got a question regarding the "Keep Episodes" feature.
    I want to keep 3 episodes of the "RTL Nachtjournal". The plugin is configurated as follows (see pics).

But all episodes are kept, none is deleted :( Am i doing something wrong?

thx for your help!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      31.2 KB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      30.9 KB

vicom

Portal Member
    December 23, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Huha,

On the latest version TvWishlist seems to be ignoring the CHANNEL setting and it schedules a program on any channel that matches eg:

CSI Miami plays on TV1 and TV4. On the plug-in i specifically locked it to channel TV1, but it schedules also on TV4.

Everything was working fine until i update the plug-in this week. I didn't modify any setting post the update

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Where does TVWishList store its data? I set a schedule in TVWishList, then cancelled it, but episodes are still being scheduled for record.

I'd like to be able to check its config file before I report this as a bug.

Mark

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Folks,
    I am back from vacation and will continue next week after I have completed another update on BackupSettings for the 1.2 release.

So far i see the following issues reported:
    - error log file from elliottmc
    - channel setting bug from vicom
    - keep episode bug from hungrigerhugo
    - xml file is not moved for recordings with the usenewfolder option

- will add the streamedmp skin to the installer

During my vacation i was thinking of some improvements on usage and will later change the record type from one movie, all movies, one episode, all episode to
    find once, find all episodes, find all episodes on same channel, find all episodes on same channel at same time.
    I also will introduce a new counter for recordings and the "found" counter will be used only for future matches, while the recording counter will be used for past recordings. The found counter will be reset to 0 before a new epg search is started. But due to the large number of issues, this will be a separate release and I will focus on the reported issues first.

elliottmc, the tvwish data are stored in the tvserver database. If you delete a schedule manually and do not delete or deactivate the corresponding tvwish it will be scheduled again at the next run of tvwishlist.

Hope i covered everything from the last two weeks.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got the exception bug reported by elliottmc and the keepepisode bug from hungrigorhugo.
    Attached is a new test version.
    vicom, i was not able to reproduce the channel filter issue you reported and will need more help from you in providing a log file.
    Please use the latest version 1.2.0.16 for that.
    Please try without the MP plugin first if you can generate this again.

You have to enable the setting "Verbose Debug" and post your TV server log file e.g.
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log\tv.log
    and set in the MediaPortal Configuration (General) the Log verbosity to Debug and post
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\MediaPortal.log

Update: deleted after 1.2.0.17 has been posted

vicom

Portal Member
    December 23, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Huha,

I did a clean install of MP and installed the new plugin and so far no channel gremlins.. must have been my tvserver setup somehow.
    I'm still using the tvserver plugin..waiting for a StreamedMP skin version for your plugin.
    :D

BTW: How far back does TvWishlist search in the tv database for repeat programs/episodes?
    I'm asking this because it seem to be scheduling some programs that have already been recorded some months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom