TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
To all,
just realized that the keepepisodes works only if you have set recordtype to "All Episodes". This will be changed with the next official release.

vicom,
-the streamed mp skin has been done by diskeeper a few posts above.
-i will cross out the channel issue.
-TvWishlist is searching all your recordings back independent of data. So if your recording is in the Tv server data base it will be used. You can check on the TV main site and checkyour recordings. If some are missing you can do with the tvserver setup.exe in Recording -> database Import another import. If it is not working a sdescribed i need a log file from you.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is it possible to search a specific channel only and not a group? I would like that because some programs are shown on both SD and HD channels.

It is a feature I miss from mediacenter if I remember correctly :)

vicom

Portal Member
    December 23, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    To all,
    just realized that the keepepisodes works only if you have set recordtype to "All Episodes". This will be changed with the next official release.

vicom,
    -the streamed mp skin has been done by diskeeper a few posts above.
    -i will cross out the channel issue.
    -TvWishlist is searching all your recordings back independent of data. So if your recording is in the Tv server data base it will be used. You can check on the TV main site and checkyour recordings. If some are missing you can do with the tvserver setup.exe in Recording -> database Import another import. If it is not working a sdescribed i need a log file from you.

Ok, I went through the mptvdb tables. I think the reason for TVWishlist to schedule recordings which i've recorded before is that MP doesn't keep the history of the recorded show once you delete it after watching it. And next time the same program shows up in the EPG, TVwishlist schedules it again.

Is this how MP works? I used to use Snapstream Beyond TV and it never scheduled repeats and so did FTR. It kept all the recording history. Is there a way around this? Its pretty annoying

Is it possible to search a specific channel only and not a group? I would like that because some programs are shown on both SD and HD channels.

It is a feature I miss from mediacenter if I remember correctly :)

Yes its possible ..look at the TVserver TVWishlist plugin. There is a column called "Channel"

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    vicom, as this is programmed in Mp there is currently no way around it. I may have some ideas to overcome that, but not in short time.
    I am currently working on another BackupSettinsg release for 1.2 and will then continue on the user concept for TvWishList. I hope to have a first test version by end of next week.
    I am changing the structure for the recording counter (which will then also be needed for including a delete history), but this is more work than i thaught.
    Chrik, the channel selection is also available from the mediaportal plugin, but here you have first to select a group and then you can select any channel out of this group. Please see the manual.

vicom

Portal Member
    December 23, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanx Huha for all your effort.. I realised this won't be an easy fix, take your time, will be waiting with anticipation..
    Once again good work

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Has anyone tried running the plugin on a network client?

I find that whenever it is enabled, I am getting 'lost connection to TV server' errors. However, since I don't see these errors without the TVWishList plugin, I don't think it is actually losing the connection to the server.

I think I have everything configured correctly (path to TVWishList directory on server) and I do see the search terms I have set on the client, so it just seems to be a little buggy I'm afraid.

Logs attached. Note that I was using the default skin files in Avalon skin, so it didn't look great and may cause some errors in the log. However, I see the same issues with the default skin.

I don't even need to enter the plugin to get the 'lost connection' error, in case this helps.

Best wishes,

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Going from TVWishList to recorded TV using the button does not work in multiseat. When the screen loads, there are no recordings shown.

You can see the problem below. The IP address in logs is for the client that the plugin is running on, not for the TV server.

Code:
    2011-09-17 15:30:39.251000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Window: TvWishList.TvWishListMP_GUI deinit
    2011-09-17 15:30:39.251000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TextureManager: CleanupThumbs()
    2011-09-17 15:30:39.281000 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\DefaultWide\mytvrecordedtv.xml' is missing control id 7 (window property: btnCompress)
    2011-09-17 15:30:39.303000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Window: TvPlugin.TvRecorded init
    2011-09-17 15:30:48.306000 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: OnMessage exception:System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [COLOR="Red"]192.168.0.7[/COLOR]:31456

Server stack trace: 
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(IPAddress[] addresses, Int32 port)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(AddressFamily family)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.GetSocket()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at TvControl.IController.DeleteInvalidRecordings()
       at TvPlugin.TvRecorded.OnPageLoad()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Logs attached.

I've got to be honest, I've never known a plugin log so much to the MediaPortal log. You might want to consider having your own log file. :)

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I hope my previous two posts didn't come across as in any way critical. Sure there are bugs, but this is a superb plugin, and absolutely necessary!

Best wishes,

Mark

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    elliottmc,
    I really appreciate your thorough testing. Due to maintaining two plugins i may sometimes need some extra time in responding.
    There was a report before about issues on multiseat connections, but it was thaught to come from an instable wlan connection.
    This indicates now a bug I will look for next.

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello everybody,
    I have planned the search of episodes every day at a specific time. At the scheduled timeThe HTPC was switched off .

What is the expected beahvior of the plug in? Just wait for another occurence?

Thank You

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom