TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (25 Viewers)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
FIXED thanks to TheNoctambulist post #973.

I have an issue and im not sure whats happening, as in how its being created.

I have a wish setup for Eastenders on BBC One HD as follows -
wish.JPGwish continued.JPG

Now this i presume should be ok. But on the 14th of this month it has scheduled two recordings of the wish on the same day on the same channel one at 19:30 and one at 20:00 hours.
tv server schedules.JPG

But ive checked the guide and its only on at 20:00 hours.
19-49-31.png

ive run the search epg and the schedule is still present and obviously incorrect, any ideas as to why this is happening?
using latest version 1.3.0.7 and attached a log, hope it helps.

just noticed its doing the same with scooby doo show, ie recording on the same channel at the same time twice? here is a pic of the actual recordings it made today of the scooby doo show -

scooby.JPG

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

TheNoctambulist

Portal Member
January 27, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
TheNoctambulist, can you post an example of the repeatmarker format?

Using a regular expression I could cover the repeat markers for two channels by using the following as the repeat marker:
Code:
\[RPT\]\s|\sRpt
. This will then match either "[RPT] " or " Rpt".

Refer to the following MSDN pages for more details on using regular expressions in .NET:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hs600312(v=vs.85).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6f7hht7k(v=vs.90).aspx

For this particular scenario the most relevant method would probably be Regex.Replace

TheNoctambulist

Portal Member
January 27, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
any one else had this?
I usually see this sort of thing if the guide data for an episode has changed since it was first scheduled. Have you got the "Delete changed EPG" settings selected? This will ensure TvWishList deletes and recreates schedules if the time of the episode has changed.

From the manual:
“Delete Changed EPG” will try to change any schedules, which do not have valid EPG data. The plugin will search for a new EPG entry with the same title on the same channel. If it finds a new one the old schedule will be deleted and the new one added. This is needed if the EPG data are changing for a program. It avoids multiple schedules of the same program if the start or end time has slightly changed. If no alternative program is found in the EPG data the user will receive a warning email. The old schedule will not be deleted in that case.
I am not sure what time frame is considered in this logic. Half an hour may be too long, in which case the only option is to manually delete the incorrect schedules.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Have you got the "Delete changed EPG" settings selected?

No I had missed that, now ticked it and scanned the EPG again and the two Eastenders recordings for tonight have become one and the correct one i might add.

Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction, apologies for not reading the manual more carefully (y)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello huha,

:: > Filter for Series
    what exactly did the filter, when i set there 3 (3 for season 3) or must i write there season 3 / Staffel 3 ? Then he only record Episodes from Season 3 or all Episodes from other Seasons but not from Season 3 ?

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    netexplorer, I tried to reproduce your case, but could not. My client and server were in the same room together with the router, so i had a good WLAN connection. To be honest i have no idea what could cause this. I had originally the client under suspicion, but your test points to the server plugin. When I hit record now and current program and stopped afterwards the recording it stopped within a few seconds. Is your client on a fast network connection?

TheNoctambulist, i understand now from your example what you meant. This can be done in one of the next versions.

D3ltoroxp, check the manual. It´s described there.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just did some testing huha, here are the results:

TV Server plugin + Client plugin enabled: manually stopping recording froze up client for about 20/30 seconds
    ONLY Server plugin enabled: manually stopping recording froze up client for about 20/30 seconds
    ONLY Client plugin enabled: manually stopping recording froze up client for about 20/30 seconds
    Running a gbit network.

So i'm coming to the same conclusion: issue seems related to server plugin. If you need TvWishList debug logs or anything, let me know ;)
    I can easily reproduce it.

Last edited:

TheNoctambulist

Portal Member
    January 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi huha,

Thanks for looking at the Regex repeat marker.

I had a quick look at the source for TvWishList 1.3.0.5 and I wonder if TvWishList.ProcessFileRenaming may be the cause of the delays when it is checking for comskip processes. It might be worth spinning this processing off into a background task if that is possible.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi huha,
    I use a singleseat System with a wired gigabit connection to my Router. So this could not be the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom