TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (7 Viewers)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Need Programming Help

cibu, Nickname,
a MediaPortal Gui has been discussed a couple of times, but in order to implement it i do not programming help as I do not have enough time to start a MediaPortal plugin. Over the last 4 months i have prepared the Tv server plugin with a messaging xml file, which would enable an easy communication with a media portal plugin. However i do need help to program such a plugin.

The job would be to create and maintain a Media Portal plugin including a Skin for interacting with the Tvserver plugin
This could consist of:

a) Plugin Configuration: Determine the path (can be a network path) to the Tvserver TvWishList folder
e.g. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TvWishList
This folder contains the file messages.xml, which lists all found movies and episodes as well as conflicts
This path could be derived also from the actual TV plugin configuration.

b) create a user friendly interface (easy mode and expert mode) to input/modify the data from the main screen of the Tv server
plugin. The interface to the Tv server database can be done via Loadsettings and savesettings routines, which could be partially copied from the plugin source code. The tv server EPG search could be triggered by creating a file StartEPGsearch.txt in the
TvWishList folder.

c) list the found shows from the messages .xml file in a table including description, channel, start and stop times. Different sort criteria (date, name, ...) could be implemented

In a second step the plugin could be extended towards a personal TV guide based on a simple interface creating a SQL query for
tasks like
"What is displayed now with genre drama?"
"What star rating >3 is displayed within the next 5 hours?"
"What science fictions are shown today?"

This would be also a good project for someone to get started with MediaPortal programming. Please send me a message if you are interested in helping here.

nickname, your item 2 can be done in one of the next versions

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Huha,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have a lot of time however I am interested in trying to implement an interface.

One thing I noticed last, I opened TVWishlist and all of my TV programs were missing. The email settings, etc were still there but the TV programs were gone. Where is this information stored please? I'd like to back it up in case it happens again.

Thanks

Nick Name.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi NickName,
    i assume you mean your TvWishes? They are stored in the Tv server database. If you use the BackupSettings Plugin you can export all your settings (including TvWishList) into an xml file and restore again. Did you save the log file?
    It is great news that you want to try an interface. There is a good description for starting at example
    The best may be just start the GUI interface and write to the log file if a button is pushed. I can help on the Tvserverinterface.

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a Problem with this Plugin.
    I would like to record a series only on one Channel. The Pulldown-Menue of the column 'Channel' is to large to select the last CHannel of the list.
    I have attached a Hardcopy.

Attachments

• TVWishList.jpg
      TVWishList.jpg
      399 KB

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    harryzwo, you need to increase the configuration window. Then you will find a combobox below the data gridview named ChannelFilter. Here you can select the channel group for filtering. If you have only "All Channels" you need to define first a group under TVChannels

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had selected a Channelgroup, but in the column Channel are all Channels displayed not only the Channels in the Group.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please provide a log file. Make sure you have "verbose debug" on and please select the channel group during the logging session

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Huha - I'm so sorry.
    I didn't increase the configuration window. Now it works. Why is there an sererate button to filter the Channels? When i reduce to a Channelgroup I need only these Channels in the group.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A quick update on development:
    I am writing a MediaPortal plugin TvWishListMP right now.
    This will enable to input the search data within MediaPortal and view the results of found data.
    Once completed i will publish a first test version and ask for your support on testing, language translation and skin improvement

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    A quick update on development:
    I am writing a MediaPortal plugin TvWishListMP right now.

Hi huha,

do I understand that this is a plugin with GUI that will run on the MP client? If so, it's fantastic. It will be good to increase the WAF (Wife Acceptable Factor). My wife and I will be immensely grateful to you. Please do not forget to support multiseat configuration.

I am ready to help with testing and Czech translation.

Good luck.

JiRo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom