TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (2 Viewers)

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Feature requests

Yes, I know always SOMETHING else...

Hi Huha, I see you're going to write the MP plugin (it's easy there are loads around that you can strip and rebuild - I can supply one if you like).

Anyway, the features I would like are -

XXXXXX 1) Restrict the selection to a single channel. XXXXX

Just read another post that mentioned this already exists.

I don't know why I bother, sigh........

2) An additional mode for the plugin, rather than send an email or record, just have it show on the plugin list.

Oh, did I say THIS IS FANTASTIC!

This was something I missed and I was going to write, blow and darn if you haven't just gone and done it. I think I hate you :D.

I had TiVo and THIS IS BETTER.

TiVo wouldn't let me enter a name that wasn't there - this does.

Dammit, MP just keeps getting better and better.

You definitely get a thanks for the work and the functionality I So wanted! :D

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Jiro, JDWestoby,
    I am in final debugging mode and may release an initial preview version in about a week. I believe all your feature requests are included. Let me know later if not.

Hi Mark,
    I did struggle with the mpei installer in the past, so I may need your help to get it right.
    I want to support versions also for MP1.1 as my installer will decide if it is a 1.1 or a 1.2 version

On the tvserver plugin I have added in Assemblyinfo.cs the lines

#if(TV12)
    //[assembly: CompatibleVersion("Own")]
    [assembly: UsesSubsystem("TVE.DB")]
    [assembly: UsesSubsystem("TVE.Scheduler")]
    [assembly: CompatibleVersion("1.1.6.27652","1.1.6.27652")]
    #endif

I hope and assume that this is OK for you in using the SVN versions with 1.2.

With my future Mediaportal Plugin i want to distribute the MP and Tv server plugin together. My installer will detect if a single seat or multiseat installation is needed. I will try in the next version the following section in the .xmp2 file to support versions between 1.0.1 and 1.x. Any help if this is not Ok would be appreciated.

<Dependencies>
    <Items>
    <DependencyItem>
    <Type>MediaPortal</Type>
    <Id />
    <MinVersion>
    <Major>1</Major>
    <Minor>0</Minor>
    <Build>1</Build>
    <Revision>0</Revision>
    </MinVersion>
    <MaxVersion>
    <Major>1</Major>
    <Minor>1</Minor>
    <Build>6</Build>
    <Revision>27644</Revision>
    </MaxVersion>
    <WarnOnly>true</WarnOnly>
    <Message>Need a version of MediaPortal betwen 1.0.1.0 - 1.x.x.0. If you have only a Tv Server installation you can ignore this message</Message>
    <Name>MediaPortal</Name>
    </DependencyItem>
    </Items>
    </Dependencies>

I will try to create a test version together with my MP plugin soon
    Greetings, huha

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New:preview of TvWishList Mediaportal Plugin released

Team, I have released a preview of the MediaPortal plugin TvWishListMP.

As this is a preview (not fully debugged and tested) please make sure you have created a backup of your data e.g. with my BackupSettings plugin.

Attached a quick usage guide for new users:
    1) download and extract the attached zip file
    2) Start Install.exe and install the Tvserver and the Media Portal Plugin
    3) If not done before configure first the Tvserver plugin
    a. On the Main tab specify a movie in the search for column which you are sure exists in your current EPG data
    b. On the email page fill in your user id, password and provider data for sending emails
    c. Enter the receiver email address to which the plugin will send messages of found movies
    4) Click “Run” to test the configuration. After the processing you should receive an email if your settings were correct.
    5) Open now the MediaPortal Configuration. Enable the TvWishListMP plugin and check the data folder of the Tvserver plugin. For single seat installation it should be a foldername like C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TvWishList. If your Tv server is on a different computer you need to specify the folder name on the server computer. Make sure you have read and write access to this folder. I have not tested multiseat yet, but conceptionally it should work. Please provide feedback.
    6) Open MediaPortal and select the TvWishListMP plugin. Currently only DefaultWide and PureVisionHD skin is supported after the installation. Make sure you have selected one of these skins. (Update: A simple Default is also included now. MP1.1 users have to use PureVisionHD, as Blue and Blue3 are not supported yet)
    7) The TvWishListMP plugin operates in two modes – a viewonly mode (for getting a quick scan of your epg data with your specified search requests) or an email and record mode, where the plugin searches your EPG data weekly or daily as specified in the Tvserver configuration and will automatically record and email the found movies or episodes. The mode will always be shown together with the plugin title and can be switched on the MainMenue with a button. Please note that the Tvwishes for both modes are stored in two different data sets. In each mode you can now edit all TvWishes like with the TvserverPlugin by just clicking on an item. Refer to the Tvserver Manual for a detailed explanation of each item and filter. The data from the email and record mode are identical to the data in the Tvserver plugin.
    8) In the main menu you can now click RunEPG to start a search on the Tvserver plugin. After the search has been completed you can see the found results by clicking the View button.

When reporting bugs please attach the tvserverlogfile e.g. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log\tv.log and the MediaPortal logfileC:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\MediaPortal.log.
    Please make sure that you have enabled in the MediaPortal configuration the debug modus and in the Tvserver configuration in the TvWishList settings the option “Verbose Debug”.

I do need help in testing and polishing of the skins. Some improvements on the style of the skins would be great. I tried to make it as simple as possible for the first release. The skin editor did help me a lot

For language translations (only English and German so far) please hold back as I am planning a few more changes right now. I will ask you for translations in a separate post.

Next Steps:
    1) Bug fixes
    a. So far none known
    2) MPEI installer file
    3) MediaPortal Configuration:
    a. Flexible configuration of edit items, message and Tvwish formats
    b. Version control of Tvserver plugin
    4) 4:3 better skin support, supprt of Blue3 and Blue3wide for MP1.1 users
    5) more languages
    6) …

The source code of my plugins can be found at huha-mediaportal-plugins
    Check for TvWishListVx.x.x.x.Source.zip

have fun, huha

Attachments

• TvWishListV1.2.0.11.Release.zip
      1.3 MB

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Better than TiVo

...and I speak as someone who HAD TiVo and missed it for a long time.

The initial wish list is working perfectly (albeit that I am now recording a load of stuff simply because I am checking how it all works).

The MP plugin (not tried it yet - so might be coming back with a brickbat :D) is just the icing on the cake.

Have I said thanks, if not I'd better rectify that. :D

This is something I was going to write but what Huha has done is just incredible. This makes MP so much more consumer 'friendly'.

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    First impressions of the testing

Hi Huha,

many :D for your work. TVWishList is one of the reasons why everyone at home love MediaPortal.

I have downloaded last version of TVWishLst and with big expectations of it installed on my multiseat configuration. The first few observations:
    • Server installation - without any problem, huha's installation tool is good, but I hope the final version will be the standard Media Portal solution - MPEI
    • Server configuration - without any problem
    • Server functions - without any problem, TVWishList running like a charm
    • Server sharing - it was a little sorry that should be more sharing, but I understand that this is the easiest solution
    • Client installation - without any problem, both - client and server installation good recognize enviroment - it is typical for huha's installtion tool
    • Client configuration - very easy, I was surprised, I expected more extensive configuration
    • Client function - I use the Black Glass skin so I switched to testing to DefaultWide skin. I will not evaluate the functions related to the skin, sometimes later, so far I have been a general assessment and identified a few problems:
      • Good logical structire of GUI
      • I would have liked a solution with dual level input parameters - standard and advanced. The current parameter list is too long and confusing. Or another solution, to choose the configuration parameters that will be entered in the GUI and parameters which will have default values ​​specified in configuration only.
      • Perhaps it would be better not to define the parameters as a list, but as individual variables that would be accessible from the level definition of the skin.
      • After starting the plugin follows the very long delay. Sometimes at this time MediaPortal client (TVClient plugin) loses connection to the server (TVServer plugin). Similarly, it happens even by other functions of the plugin, probably whenever there is a transfer list between client and server. The delays are around 15 seconds.
    I'll continue to test and try to adjust plugin related skin definition for the Black Glass skin. I could test a plugin in other Clients, where I can not switch to DefaultWide skin.

That is all. Thanks again. Perfect work.

JiRo.

P.S Huha, please do not make another ForTheRecord. Less is more! ;)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I did struggle with the mpei installer in the past, so I may need your help to get it right.
    I want to support versions also for MP1.1 as my installer will decide if it is a 1.1 or a 1.2 version

Hi,

I have asked one of the MPEI developers if he has time to help you.

Best wishes,

Mark

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Testing is performed, other problems identified...

I focus only on the client side now, the server part seems to be without problems:
    • Confirmation list item entries on the main page just "CLICK" on mouse only. Press the "RETURN" on keyboard or "SELECT" button on the remote control has no effect. Other pages are OK.
    • When you switch to "View mode" list is empty, the switch to "Email and record" them again, everything is OK.

JiRo.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    JiRo,
    thanks a lot for your detailed report. On your comments:

I would have liked a solution with dual level input parameters - standard and advanced. The current parameter list is too long and confusing. Or another solution, to choose the configuration parameters that will be entered in the GUI and parameters which will have default values ​​specified in configuration only.
    - this will come in the next or overnext release, where users can configure the items

Confirmation list item entries on the main page just "CLICK" on mouse only. Press the "RETURN" on keyboard or "SELECT" button on the remote control has no effect. Other pages are OK.
    Thanks! will try to fix for the next release
    When you switch to "View mode" list is empty, the switch to "Email and record" them again, everything is OK.
    Have you entered any search items? For view mode you need to generate a separate list, which has nothing to do with the email and record list from Tvserver TvWishList.

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Huha,
    thanks for the explanation.

Regarding empty list in the "View mode" - two list, one for email and record mode and second for view mode - now it makes sense.

And last problem? Long delay and loss of connection between the client and the server? It seems that the exchange of data between the client and the server takes a long time. I do not know the internal structure of MediaPortal, but maybe data exchange delay other processes. The single-seat configuration, it does not matter, because the exchange is fast, but transferring files over the network is longer and that's the problem ...

Jiro

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom