TV Server preventing standby/sleep (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Im having issues with TV server preventing my server from going into sleep mode on my Win10 setup. Its a very basic 32bit Win10 install, with just TV server running in the background, and all my media being shared over LAN. Before TV server is installed the machine would go into s3 after 5 minutes, as per my power settings. However after installing 1.13 the machine will no longer power down automatically. Uninstalling TV server solves the issue, so it must be an MP issue somewhere.

Ive tried using the stock PowerScheduler to try and handle power management, but without luck. Am i right in thinking there may be a conflict between Windows power settings and powerscheduler? Should i disable sleep mode in Win10 settings (set to 'never')?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The most likely cause is a suboptimal setup of EPG collection. TVServer is "not idle" while collecting EPG. However, this remain a guess at best as long as you don't upload your server logs in debug mode.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    The most likely cause is a suboptimal setup of EPG collection. TVServer is "not idle" while collecting EPG. However, this remain a guess at best as long as you don't upload your server logs in debug mode.

I didnt think there was any point in uploading logs as i didn't realise they showed idling and system status. Ill do that tonight, thanks (y)

Edit: I forgot to say, i ran 'powercfg -requests' in DOS to see which programs were preventing sleep, and it returned that a remote client had recently sent a request. This cant actually be true as i had my network cable unplugged at the time, so i can only assume that it was MP, but it does show that its definitely telling the machine to stay awake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom