MP2 - V2.1 TV-Server startet verzögert (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :

Description
    edit: sorry, didnt noticed this is an international forum. the problem is, tv-server (mp 2.1) starts with a delay (1 minute) after a windows reboot (win 8.1, x64). see log below.

Hallo,
    ich nutze aktuell nur den TV-Server (im Zusammenspiel mit Kodi). Bis zur Version "Spring 16" war soweit alles in Ordner, bei allen nachfolgenden Versionen (somit auch die Version 2.1) startet der TV-Server bei mir deutlich verzögert (ca. 1 Minute). Ich nutze Win 8.1 x64.Anbei ein Ausschnitt aus der log-Datei:

[2017-06-03 18:20:02,712] [593 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ServiceRegistration: Loading services from plugin manager at location '/Services'

[2017-06-03 18:21:01,915] [59796 ] [Main ] [WARN ] - Request not successful for retrieve the list of available languages

System.Net.WebException: Timeout für Vorgang überschritten

bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)

bei MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Libraries.TvdbLib.TvdbDownloader.DownloadString(String url)

bei MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Libraries.TvdbLib.TvdbDownloader.DownloadLanguages()

[2017-06-03 18:21:02,040] [59921 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - SeriesTvDbMatcher: Error initializing wrapper

MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Libraries.TvdbLib.Exceptions.TvdbNotAvailableException: Couldn't connect to Thetvdb.com to retrieve the list of available languages, check your internet connection and the status of Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software

bei MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Libraries.TvdbLib.TvdbDownloader.HandleWebException(String action, WebException ex)

bei MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Libraries.TvdbLib.TvdbDownloader.DownloadLanguages()

bei MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Libraries.TvdbLib.TvdbHandler.ReloadLanguages()

bei MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Wrappers.TvDbWrapper.Init(String cachePath, Boolean useHttps)

bei MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Matchers.SeriesTvDbMatcher.InitWrapper(Boolean useHttps)

[2017-06-03 18:21:03,790] [61671 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Plugin 'ConfigurationManager' (id '1aff4467-64b0-4ca1-af28-9aedf3525bce') activated.

[2017-06-03 18:21:03,884] [61765 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - SQLiteDatabase: Database Filename: 'Datastore.s3db' (Default Database Filename: 'Datastore.s3db')

[2017-06-03 18:21:03,884] [61765 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - SQLiteDatabase: PageSize: 4096 Bytes (Default PageSize: 4096 Bytes)

Steps to Reproduce:
    Vermutlich kein genereller Fehler sondern abhängig von System und Einstellungen?

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I don't exactly understand what you mean by "delayed". Do you mean that the MP2 Server service is starting with a delay after Windows is coming up? You could verify the start type of this service in the Windows service panel: it should be set to 'automatic'.

Last not least, please don't just provide log sniplets - they are pretty useless;) - but post full debug logs instead as explained in the Submit-form. The log will then display more details and maybe we can see something more.

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,
    yes, after i turn on the pc (from s5) or after a windows reboot the tv-server starts automatically but with a delay approximately 1 minute. you can see this in the log sniplet. first entry 18:20:02, second entry 18:21:01. also you see a warning, but i dont understand this. after the (delayed start) the tv-server is working perfectly fine.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you can see this in the log sniplet. first entry 18:20:02, second entry 18:21:01.
    Again, we need full logs at debug level to analyze the issue. The current info level is not providing enough information.

Check out our Wiki: Bug Reports and Log Files

Set the log level to debug, then reboot the machine to create a fresh log and upload it here.

Last edited:

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi htpcsourcer,
    thanks for your help. your link doesnt work for me. but i had a look in tv server config and logging was already set to debug. you will find all logs generated today. you can see in the logs the delay is between 10:44 und 10:45. thanks again!

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    as you can see on log-sniplet from yesterday and from todays new logs the problem seems to be "System.Net.WebException: Timeout für Vorgang überschritten". so i deactivated the firewall but without success. after that i disabled my whole internet connection and now the tv-server starts up much faster after a windows startup. since i need my internet connection, my question is, what can i do?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I updated the link above.

Currently I am on a smartphone only and therefore looking into the logs is close to impossible. Did you create the logs in debug mode as described in the Wiki?

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Just fond this thread today, sorry for answering late...
    The log sniplet is telling, your MP2 Server system can not connect to the TVDB online database. This is necessary for using "full" MP2 setup, as long as you have enabled online lookup for series. TVDB is not very reliable and is offline really often. As you are using only the TV part you could disable this lookup that waits about a minute to complete the connection to TVDB, before it throws a timeout and continue. For disabling this you need to install a MP2 client on a PC somewhere in your network. Then you can disable all Online data sources for series, movies and music. How to do so you can read in our wiki. After you are finished you can remove the client or test it further, if you like.

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks, sounds plausible to me. anyone knows if there is way to disable all the not needed online data sources directly within a config-file and/or registry? maybe its a good idea for next mp2 releases to disable this by default if tvserver only is installed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom