TV Server stops working properly after some time. (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I have no idea what is going on, but it seems a database or TV server issue.

The symptoms:

Starting Mediaportal live TV (1.10.0) never works as it should, When clicking on My TV allways the windows comes up that asks to connect to the TV Server. When looking up TVserver via task manager, it is active. To be able to watch TV I have to close Mediaportal completely, manually restart TV server via windows task manager then start Mediaportal and then most of the time it works.. But sometimes I get the windows that asks to connect to the server, when asked to type the name or IP addres, I just hit DONE and then sometimes connects and finally Mediaportal Live TV works OR I get an error message that some server port is blocked (3306 (?) not sure). If the latter I need to close mediaportal again and try again, until the restarting of TVserver finally connects correctly to the database.

OK, I can live with that, to some point.. but what happens next is that Mediaportal works for about an hour or so, when I want to change a channel, right click to get to the TV Guide... the pop up window does not appear, the only thing I can do is close Mediaportal completely via the top menu close button, all other buttons fail to work at that point.. it takes about 15-20 seconds before Mediaportal has closed completely, but I can see I pushed the button, because the video freezes, but audio continues. To get live TV going again I need to go through the above procedure again.. restart TV server untill it connects correctly to the database

The way it is crippled right now, it is impossible to schedule recordings, because TV Server never starts working properly the first time right, I allways have to do one or more restarts, before it finally starts doing what it should, and then only for an hour or so, when I have to close Mediaportal and start all over again.

What I have tried to solve the problem:

I have completely removed (the complete clean-up) Mediaportal and all databases, and reinstalled Mediaportal. In stead of that it improved the situation, it seems to get worse by having done this.

Run Mediaportal via the watchdog, same issues (logs of these tries attached).

Timeshift directory, TVserver.exe and Mediaportal.exe excluded for scanning by the anti virus program.

Need to know: MySQL is not only used by Mediaportal, there are other programs using it (spotweb), but in the past (with 1.9.0 and earlier) this never has been a problem.

Logs attached. for system info see my profile

Please help,

Thanks,

Marco

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nobody an idea what is going on? Can a support guy please have a look at the logs?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Either the system cannot locate your database or the database is currupt

[2015-01-25 23:08:53,530] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Exception: Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=Mediacenter2;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=***;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.Exception.
    bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
    --- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
    bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
    bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
    bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
    bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
    bij Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLProvider.GetConnection()
    --- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
    bij Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
    bij Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
    bij Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLAnalyzer.Analyze(String tableName)
    bij Gentle.Framework.GentleAnalyzer.UpdateObjectMap(ObjectMap map)
    bij Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.ConstructMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
    bij Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.GetMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
    bij Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator)
    bij TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.ReLoad()MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.Exception.
    bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
    bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
    bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
    bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
    bij Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLProvider.GetConnection()System.Exception: Er is een uitzondering opgetreden van het type System.Exception.
    bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() Message: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=Mediacenter2;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=***;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30; Site : Void FailWith(Gentle.Common.Severity, Gentle.Common.Error, System.Exception, System.String) Source : Gentle.Common Inner Exception(s): -> The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks!

Lets see how it goes....

Uninstalled Mediaportal fully cleanup (AGAIN!!)
    Uninstalled Spotweb Easy (that also uses My SQL)
    Uninstalled MySQL.

Restarted the HTPC,

Now busy installing everything again, except Spotweb Easy.

EDIT:

After a complete reinstall it seems to be working OK again, however Watchdog prompted me to generate a log file.. So I did , but no error's in the error log!

Then tried to reinstall Spotweb Easy, which was a hassle in itself and does not run bugfree.. Now trying Mediaportal again, and problems are back.. so I guess this Spotweb is too old for my system.. I will uninstall Spotweb and remove it completely from my system. I hope Mediaportal will then run fine again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom