1.10.0 TV Server stops working randomly / Server cant be found (1 Viewer)

Russ_T_

Portal Member
February 22, 2010
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I deleted a whole lot (including schedules for the last Olympics, and the Americas cup ! - its amazing how the list grows)
I deleted them via the MP TV server app (as doing it thru the MP full screen UI was too hard)

Anyway I am down to 85 scheduled recordings now...
I will stay on 1.9.0 for a bit and see how it goes.

I will let you know in a few days (or sooner if it happens again) ...

Russ_T_

Portal Member
February 22, 2010
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Deleting the old schedules until I got it down to 85 improved the issue and for several days it worked OK.
However I had 2 crashes yesterday.
And so I removed some more schedules, down to about 77.
Then I added some more as there were some new prgs I wanted to watch
Back up to 84 scheduled programs.
And it crashed again tonight.
This happened while watching a program, and then pressed space key on keyboard to pause - and it crashed.
See uploaded log file for today[DOUBLEPOST=1422865951][/DOUBLEPOST]Log file from today

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, I wonder...
    Could it be that the crash is connected to your X drive - which seems to be used for timeshifting and recording - running out of space?
    I'm also noticing that the MySQL exceptions and/or timeouts are occurring more frequently than just before crashes. This causes me to wonder if the database is unhealthy (corrupted in some way, or unsuitable configuration etc.)...

Russ_T_

Portal Member
    February 22, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mm

I have MP disk quota setup so that it keeps 50gb free on my 1 TB hard drive (this is an Internal drive not a USB one)
    I checked - It only had 50gb free. So was effectively "at capacity" and will have been deleting old watched recordings.
    I have now deleted some more recordings via windows explorer, and then removed invalid entries via the TV Server exe. (I now have 350 gb free)
    However I have had this happen before over the yrs, and never had this bug.

Re MySQL: How do I fix this ? or check this is the problem?
    Also I vaguely recall there is another SQL version that is supported? Should I upgrade/change to that (or am I already on the currently recommended SQL?)

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have MP disk quota setup...
    Okay.

Re MySQL: How do I fix this ? or check this is the problem?
    To be clear: I'm not saying there is a problem with MySQL. Rather, I'm simply noting that what I see in your logs seems unusual. I have no explanation for it. Nor am I sure how to investigate further... though further investigation is probably exactly what is required. Sorry, I'm not a MySQL expert.

Also I vaguely recall there is another SQL version that is supported? Should I upgrade/change to that (or am I already on the currently recommended SQL?)
    Yes, up until MP 1.6 (I think - don't quote me!) TV Server used to install MySQL 5.1. After that, we updated to MySQL 5.6 and changed the database format from MyISAM to InnoDB.

From the logs I can tell that you're already running MySQL 5.6. Chances are that your DB format is also InnoDB... but I can't be sure of that. If you're familiar with MySQL I'm sure there are ways of checking.

Previously when MySQL 5.1 + MyISAM databases got themselves in a tizz we would recommend the following procedure:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Troubleshooting/TV/Repairing_database_(MySQL)

It wouldn't hurt to try the same on your database. Note: you may find the instructions are not quite accurate for MySQL 5.6, but they shouldn't be far off.

Regards,
    mm

Russ_T_

Portal Member
    February 22, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. I have run the SQL check. All results were "OK"
    This was run from the ...MySqlServer 5.6\bin folder

Interestingly enough there is still a MySqlServer 5.1 folder with just a my.ini file in it
    (The ini file points to the 5.1 folder. however there is another my.ini file in the 5.6 folder - which references the 5.6 folder)

Would it be worthwhile deleting the MySqlServer 5.1 folder ?

Russ_T_

Portal Member
    February 22, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have had another crash this am.
    I am wondering if its something to do with my network.
    Perhaps my Router is reassigning the IP address to the PC every so often?
    I checked my Network settings and noted that, for the LAN Connection:
    For TCP/IPv4:
    - "Obtain IP address automatically" is checked
    - "Obtain DNS server automatically" is checked
    Would hard coding these to a fixed IP address perhaps solve the problem?

Also I noticed that TCP/IPv6 is disabled
    Not sure why this is . I googled it and according to this expert : http://www.biztechmagazine.com/article/2012/03/should-you-disable-ipv6-windows-7-pc
    You should leave it on. So I have set it back on. ( Is this the right thing to do for MP ?)
    (with IP and DNS being assigned automatically.)
    Any comment or advice on this would be helpful

Will see how it goes now I have turned IPv6 on.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am wondering if its something to do with my network.
    Perhaps my Router is reassigning the IP address to the PC every so often?
    Pass. I can't see this happening in the logs.

Would hard coding these to a fixed IP address perhaps solve the problem
    Setting a static IP address is recommended, however I'd be lying if I said I thought that doing this could possibly solve the problem.

Here's the thing.
    Problems usually start when something changes.
    In the first post you said this problem started after upgrading from MP 1.9 to MP 1.10.
    You've now downgraded and the problem is persisting.
    This tells me that something in your environment outside MediaPortal is most likely responsible for the problem.
    So what else did you change around the time that you upgraded MediaPortal?
    If you didn't change your network configuration then modifying it now is probably unlikely to solve the problem.

Having said that, I am curious about this:
    [2015-02-01 10:23:53,699] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.1.67
    [2015-02-01 10:23:53,701] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.170.1
    [2015-02-01 10:23:53,701] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.221.1

Are you running VPN(s) or something?

Also I noticed that TCP/IPv6 is disabled...
    For MediaPortal it is best to have IPv6 disabled.

Russ_T_

Portal Member
    February 22, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Its a bit odd, as I haven't changed anything else that I can recall.
    Which is why I thought it may have been an issue with MP 1.10

I run VMware workstation on this PC as well (and have done for years)
    i.e. My PC doubles as a MP server and a VM server (and I remote desktop into the VM from another lower spec PC.)

This is probably why you see the other IP address's. I believe they are virtual Netwrork adaptors. i.e. there is only 1 "real" NW card.

See the screen dump attached

Attachments

• 2015-02-09 20_21_22-Network Connections.png
      2015-02-09 20_21_22-Network Connections.png
      57.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom