TV server stops working (1 Viewer)

D.G.Lang

January 28, 2013
Mount Dora FL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am running win 7 pro x64 and I am having trouble with the TV server stopping.

I get the following error message:
Code:
TV server stopped working

Description:

Stopped working
Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: setuptv.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.2.3.0

Problem Signature 03: 4f844ef7

Problem Signature 04: Gentle.Common

Problem Signature 05: 1.5.0.29112

Problem Signature 06: 4edb523a

Problem Signature 07: ad

Problem Signature 08: 2f

Problem Signature 09: Gentle.Common.GentleException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

I have tried installing both as a single seat complete setup and as a TV server only.

I have run the sample script stating the firewall and other settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

D.G.Lang

January 28, 2013
Mount Dora FL
Home Country
Unfortunately, that debug feature seems to produce no reports.

The problem is in the TV Server portion of the system, not in the client portion which doesn't give any errors that I am aware of.

The problem occurs before even trying to use the client side, the server side simply stops working.[DOUBLEPOST=1359425571][/DOUBLEPOST]further background info:

I am using a hauppauge 2250 video capture card.

The card runs fine using either Windows Media Center or Beyond TV.

I have uninstalled both of those products before trying to install Media Portal.

I do have XBMC installed which I hope to keep due to my approx 13TB collection of videos which I have recorded live over the past several years.

I do not like WMC screens but I am comfortable with XBMC.

I ultimately hope to use the TV Server along with the XBMC front end extensions which appear to function correctly with TV Server.[DOUBLEPOST=1359425871][/DOUBLEPOST]System Specs: AMD 8350 processor on a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard, 16 GB Ram.

Since system is being used as a HTPC, the video card is an Nvidia Geforce GT520 (HTPC doesn't need 3d capability or expensive video card).

Last edited:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
you should tell us in the first post that you use XBMC.
Zip folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log and post here

D.G.Lang

January 28, 2013
Mount Dora FL
Home Country
I've attached the error log from the TV server.

It appears to fail during the installation procedure as well as during any attempts to access the setup screen.

My research into media portal was as an inquiry to using it either in conjunction with xbmc or as a replacement to it.

According to XBMC wen site it is supposed to coexist and work well together.

I have already checked out Windows Media Center and rejected it.

Attachments

• error.rar
    639 bytes

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
i asked to post WHOLE folder, not error.log only.
Please, even if you can't find information what went wrong - we need all logs to get overview of what is going on with your TV Server.

D.G.Lang

January 28, 2013
Mount Dora FL
Home Country
I apologize for the confusion, I must have zeroed on the word 'log'. I zipped the entire directory as you asked.

Being new to the site, I am not aware of all of the procedures used here.

Thanks much for all your help. Dan

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
no problem, Dan.
for me it seem that your DB wasn't created successfully - TVServer moans on
Gentle.Common.GentleException: The columns idSetting, tag, value in table Setting do not exist.
though
2013-01-29 06:19:20.269362 [SetupTv(1)]: Exec SQL: CREATE TABLE `Setting` (`idSetting` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,`tag` varchar(200) NOT NULL,`value` varchar(4096) NOT NULL,PRIMARY KEY (`idSetting`),KEY `IDX_Setting_Tag` (`tag`)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC;
didn't thtow any error/exception.
So either try to check if this table in your DB is correct (according to SQL Create Table i posted above), or, if you are not so fit in DB administration - try to reinstall TV Server - in that case installer should correct/recreate that broken table in DB.
Please keep us informed on your actions that we can further advice proper steps to get MP working.

D.G.Lang

January 28, 2013
Mount Dora FL
Home Country
I have re-installed WIN 7 from an earlier backup and ensured that neither MySQL nor MedialPortal exist in the system. I then tried installing the TV Service only since it seems that that is the problem area.

The MediaPortal install process downloads it various parts and installs them including MySQL. The Install fails due to a problem with the password being correctly set or reported to MySQL.

I don't know if there is a problem in the install script or MySql changed it's method of installation which may now differ from what the install script uses.

It seems like the script which downloads and installs MySQL5 is failing to set the password correctly. Therefore TV service doesn't even get a chance to begin to create it's databases. There is no log file or any other files created in theTV server log files.log

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
then try to install MySQL manually and manage to put in user with Username=root and password=MediaPortal, and then install TVServer selecting "use existing database".

P.S. Sorry for those complex actions, but this is not normal behavior of installer - noone has yet posted about installation problems like you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom