TV Server - Unknown Error (1 Viewer)

sherbs

Portal Member
October 25, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Apologies if this has been discussed, but I can't seem to find an answer. I have been using MP for a week or so now and all was fine. Until yesterday when the TV seems to have stopped working. When I try to go in to it, I get "An unknown Error has occured". I have tried several suggestions and have even uninstalled MP and the TV-Server, but to no avail. I have checked my TV card is still working through WMC and it's fine.
Please see the LOG files attached.
Please help

Ta

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

Im not an expert (so I can be wrong ;), but it looks like your db has crashed somehow.

try to repair it with this;
    - open a command prompt
    - go to (path could be different) c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.1\bin
    - write: mysqlcheck --user=root --pass=MediaPortal --auto-repair mptvdb
    - press enter

There might be other ways to repair...

let us know if it worked
    /tompa

sherbs

Portal Member
    October 25, 2011
    Home Country
    Many thanks for replying Tompa, I ran the command and it certainly seemed to fix something. Unfortunately, I still can't see the TV. It still comes up with an Unknown error, but this time there are at least some listings in the EPG (there were none before). All be it that 95% of them are hieroglyphics. Even if I go to the odd program that is in English, I'm still getting the error :( I have attached the latest LOG file

sherbs

Portal Member
    October 25, 2011
    Home Country
    UPDATE: I have now run a FULL uninstall of MP and then installed it completely from fresh. The TV now seems to be working once again. Hopefully it will remain so.

johnny

January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    :D
    Hi!

Im not an expert (so I can be wrong ;), but it looks like your db has crashed somehow.

try to repair it with this;
    - open a command prompt
    - go to (path could be different) c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.1\bin
    - write: mysqlcheck --user=root --pass=MediaPortal --auto-repair mptvdb
    - press enter

There might be other ways to repair...

let us know if it worked
    /tompa

sherbs

Portal Member
    October 25, 2011
    Home Country
    mm, I was wondering about this. Unfortunately, I downloaded the new file, but the HD channels still appear as Hieroglyphs!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again sherbs

You would need to make sure you:
    1. Stop the TV Server before you replace the file (you can do that in the "manual control" section of TV Server configuration).
    2. Clear out the existing EPG - EPG that already exists won't be replaced. This can also be done in the "manual control" section of TV Server configuration - "refresh DVB EPG".

mm

sherbs

Portal Member
    October 25, 2011
    Home Country
    mm,
    That's now worked a treat.

Many thanks!

Sherbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom