Tv-Server vs Built in TV client (1 Viewer)

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
I'm looking to do a re-install of mediaportal and now that i have a tv card i was wondering what the benifits of installing tv server are if i'm only going to be using a single seat installation and wont need to stream the tv anywhere.
thanks

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    check this out for starters.

TV-Server/overview - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

TV Server I think is the way that MP is moving forward from what I understand....moderators correct me if I am wrong......

there is a knwon feature that is lost if going the TV Server at the moment - If watching a tv show and half way though you wish to record, it will only record from the live point where as the inbuilt has the option to begin from the start of the timeshift buffer. I believe later versions of TV Server will ahve this incoperated, but which version, unsure.....

Wolen

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have MP installed using the builtin tv server (to get it up and running quickly) since I'm using the pc as a desktop and watch use MP on another monitor. However, I've been thinking about using TV Server, mainly because I of some of the benefits and offline recording. My pc is a 2.4Ghz and was wondering what the performance impact of using the tv server versus the internal tv server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom