TV service / engine freezes. Reboot required (1 Viewer)

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Black & White
    Windows Version: Windows 7
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 2x2.5GHz
    HDD: Seagate 250 GB
    Memory: 2,5 GB
    Motherboard: Asus P5N73-AM
    Video Card: MSI Nvidia GeForce 8400GS
    Video Card Driver: 7.15.11.7516
    Sound Card: SoundBlaster X-Fi 5.1 USB
    Sound Card AC3: SPDIF
    Sound Card Driver: Daniel_K Driver 09.12.2008
    1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy S2 PCI HD
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S(2)
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.0.701
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello there!

I got problems with the TV engine. I have a multiseat environment with only one TVCard and three clients. All these clients are controlled by myself, so there's no conflict with these three clients and the (only) TVCard.

For a day (or even two), client 1 can watch tv (nonstop). There's no problem like stuttering / building graphs etc. When I change the client or use the same one after a while not having watched TV, the TV server freezes. I click on "Turn on TV (TV ein)" and the complete MP-Client hangs -> STRG+ALT+ENT is required.

When I look at the TV-Server Config (manual control) the card is in "idle"-mode. Then, I try to stop the service and Windows says "... is being stopped ..." -> all the time. It often can't be restarted. So I need to restart the "server"-machine.

After that, TVService is working fine again until the same procedure starts again (after a while).

I also seems to be a problem with the fact of the "changing" clients. The problem often occurs, when I use another client PC.

Please... can anybody help me? If some pieces of information are missing - tell me!

Thanks in advance

munklefish

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2006
    I have the same problem.. Essentially whenever the s2 card isn't in use for more than a couple of minutes it impossible to get it back in use without a reboot. Ive got the latest mp and card drivers. Any ideas anyone?

enanno

Portal Member
    April 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Same here. I've been silently suffering from this issue from the very first day (MP 1.1.3, now on 1.2.2), thinking it was my system's or my DVB-T card's fault.

It has nothing to do with multiclient, because I've only got one machine. And it seems is not my system's nor my DVD-T card's fault, because it happens the same on my sister's system (different machine, different DVB-T card, but same Windows 7 x64).

The thing is, when I turn my HTPC on, if I don't inmediately turn the TV on before a few minutes, the TV *COULD NOT* start. And I say "could not" because other times, I can use my HTPC for hours and after that the TV can be turned on (the least). Weird!

Of course, I can't restart tvservice.exe from "TV Server Configuration/Manual Control" nor Windows' "Task Manager". I've just got to reboot my system.

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm just starting to set MP up again after a year or two away so a bit out of the loop - one thing that occurred to me with these problems though is to check your TV card(s) in device manager- some devices have a power-saving tab where there's a tick to allow the device to turn off to save power.
    If that's checked, maybe the card "vanishing" can't be handled by the TVServer?

Not all devices have this tickbox so it may not be relevant...

PeppeBytes

Portal Member
    April 22, 2008
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Same here. I've been silently suffering from this issue from the very first day (MP 1.1.3, now on 1.2.2), thinking it was my system's or my DVB-T card's fault.

It has nothing to do with multiclient, because I've only got one machine. And it seems is not my system's nor my DVD-T card's fault, because it happens the same on my sister's system (different machine, different DVB-T card, but same Windows 7 x64).

The thing is, when I turn my HTPC on, if I don't inmediately turn the TV on before a few minutes, the TV *COULD NOT* start. And I say "could not" because other times, I can use my HTPC for hours and after that the TV can be turned on (the least). Weird!

Of course, I can't restart tvservice.exe from "TV Server Configuration/Manual Control" nor Windows' "Task Manager". I've just got to reboot my system.

Hi to all,
    it seem i have the same issue but I think I 've solved with these settings as attached as a pic.
    in this mode, my card is preloaded when MP start and in Device Manager setting, in USB Root Hub where the card is inserted, deflag "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in power manger Tab.

Attachments

• TV-Server.Fix.jpg
      TV-Server.Fix.jpg
      140.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom