MP2 - V2.1 TV Service has malfunctions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhrto

Portal Pro
October 23, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've narrowed it down to my Anime collection. It's going to take some time though to figure out which file(s) is/are the culprit.

The (re)import of a source is very slow, for example a folder with 349 items (684 GB) with music videos takes well over a couple of hours to import. Is this to be expected? With MP1 using the MP-TVseries and Moving Pictures plugins, import / scanning is much faster.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The (re)import of a source is very slow, for example a folder with 349 items (684 GB) with music videos takes well over a couple of hours to import. Is this to be expected?
    Hours is not normal. Generally speaking the speed is dependent on
    1. The choice of aspects that you select to fill
    2. The number of sites to retrieve info from
    3. Day of the week and time of import
    You can significantly increase the speed if you load from only one site and untick aspects. TvDb is very heavily used on week-ends and repeating the import another day may already yield different results. That said you may want to provide the Server log for checking.

With MP1 using the MP-TVseries and Moving Pictures plugins, import / scanning is much faster.
    That's not a good comparison because you don't get all the aspects that you may have selected for MP2. Also the database model is not comparable: MP2 stores all kind of relationships, which allow for example to search and display all movies for Actor X AND Director Y AND Year Z.

Last edited:

dhrto

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've managed to track it down to some .mkv files. One of the offending files can be downloaded from here
    When I tried to open the file in standalone MediaInfo.exe (File > Open), it gives the error in the included screenshot.
    Strangly, when I just drag-and-drop the file onto an opened MediaInfo.exe, it reads the file just fine.

So it seems it's definitely MediaInfo crashing, leading to MP2Service.exe crash.

Attachments

• MediaInfo-error.PNG
      MediaInfo-error.PNG
      5 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I tried to open the file in standalone MediaInfo.exe (File > Open), it gives the error in the included screenshot.
    Thank you for the analysis! So it appears that mediainfo.dll is having an issue dealing with some special cases.[/QUOTE]
    We do here and there update our packages with updated versions. Doing so will hopefully resolve such issues in the future.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So it seems it's definitely MediaInfo crashing, leading to MP2Service.exe crash.
    I can confirm this with your example file. I tried both 0.7.78 and 0.7.91 (the very latest release), both are crashing :(

Unfortunately this can't be handled on C# side, so there are only two solutions:
    • Fix the file
    • Wait for a fix of MediaInfo, maybe post a bug report at this project?

dhrto

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just submitted a bug report to MediaInfo. Seems like there was already a bug report a couple of months ago, made by an use with a similar problem. Hopefully it will get picked up by the developer.

dhrto

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I decided to try the MediaInfo.dll from MP 1.15 (version 0.7.69). It turns out this version does not crash! For now I'll keep using this version.

However now MP2-Server.exe crashed on a SQLite.Interop.dll fault. See attached logs and entries from the eventviewer.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @dhrto I have updated SQLite DB to 1.0.104 (the latest available release) and created a new installer for testing: http://tinyurl.com/j843efo.

There are more bugfixes included, so please give this version a try. Note to MediaInfo: this installer still contains the new version, so you need to replace the MediaInfo files after installation again.

dhrto

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @morpheus_xx Thanks for the new installer. Before I try this, just a quick question to be sure: can I just update my current installation with this one? This won't prevent me from updating to the final release later on?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, should work without problems. The update issue was only present for Spring'16 release due to changed version numbering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom