TV Service keeps crashing [SOLVED] (1 Viewer)

CanOBeans

Portal Member
January 8, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have had this happen regularly on my TV Server. I used MPExtended to view the TV more often than not.

I inherited this PC, and in general it works without issue, but the main problem is the TV Server stopping. It is running MySQL 5.6 (jumped onto that straight away)
Nothing outstanding that I can find that causes it to stop. Will be watching and the TV stutters, and I need to restart the Service, then other times it will work all night and come back the next day, it isn't working.

Could someone look through my logs and see what is going on.

Edit: It would appear to have been a network issue, has not crashed since network issue has been resolved.

Last edited:

CanOBeans

Portal Member
January 8, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have done that - or believe I have. Told it not to collect on idle, or in timeshifting, and deselected all channels as well.
Will have to enable WebEPG.

IT just fell over again. Same pattern exiists in logs (SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming multicast UDP packet. )

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The crash has nothing to do with the SSDPClientController. You can ignore that.

This seems to be something to do with your database. Is your network connection dropping in and out?

[2014-02-08 08:07:39,705] [Log ] [11 ] [INFO ] - Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.TimeoutExpired(Object commandObject)
    at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

[2014-02-08 16:15:31,307] [Log ] [17 ] [ERROR] - Exception :Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=Data-PC;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=MediaPortal;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Connection unexpectedly terminated.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate411()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
    at Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLProvider.GetConnection()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveList(Type type, Key key, IList result, IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.TryRetrieveInstance[T](Key key)
    at Gentle.Framework.Broker.TryRetrieveInstance[T](Key key)
    at TvDatabase.Channel.Retrieve(Int32 id)
    at TvService.TvCardContext._timer_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Connection unexpectedly terminated.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate411()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()

CanOBeans

Portal Member
    January 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It does have network issues from time to time, not certain as to what they have been at this point.
    Will look through the Event Viewer and see what it tells me in relation to the network.
    Thanks for finding that, it ties in other symptoms the computer has even though they were not necessarily easy to pick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom