TV Service Not Starting?! (1 Viewer)

Wireless1

October 6, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC2
Windows Version: XP MCE

Hi,

Just recently, I've had some problems with my setup of MediaPortal.

Last week, I uninstalled GB-PVR and deleted the associated directories. This is the time the problem seemed to start.

When I restart my computer, the TV service does not seem to start. When I go to "My TV", it asks for the host and address (or whatever it does).

When I close mediaportal, and then try and open TV Server Configuration, it says "TV Service is not running, start it now?" and then everything is OK again.

I have checked in the services area under manage computer (right click on my computer / manage) and TV Service is listed and is set to Automatic.

Is there anything which could be stopping the TV Service starting? Should I try and add something to my start up folder to try and 'force' it to start? Any other helpful suggestions!?

Cheers,
Danny

donnacha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2008
    York UK
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Same problem here - only started a few days ago. Don't know what caused it, but like you TV Service only starts upon starting the TV Server Config app!!

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you post your logs? Should be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\Tv Server I think. Difficult for anyone to help without them.

I did have this issue before, unfortunately I can't remember exactly what the problem was and how I fixed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom