TV service working but can't watch tv (1 Viewer)

Strattos

Portal Member
September 24, 2010
Home Country
I've just lost the ability to watch tv in Media Portal and am trying to determine if it is a software issue or my tv tuner card (Hauppauge HVR2200).

I've been running Media Portal 1.3.0 Final since it was released without an issue, but the other day I turned on my HTPC, loaded up Media Portal as per usual, but when I went into my tv guide, each channel indicated "no data available".

When I selected one of the channels, nothing happens for about 30 seconds before "unknown error" pops up.

I then checked in Administrative Tools/Services to see if the tv service is starting and running and it all appears to be working fine there. I also tried manually stopping and starting it to see if that would make any difference, but have the same problem.

I then tried re-scanning for channels and it appeared to have found all the channels that I was previously using, however, I'm still having the same problem within Media Portal.

A couple of mates think my tuner card may have died, but I don't want to go out and buy another one if that's not the problem - the fact that it rescans my channels makes me think the card is still okay. Would this be right?

I'm not sure which logs you guys need so I've selected two that seemed most relevant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
October 22, 2009
Eupen
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi Strattos, your TV-Server database is corrupt. Please try the following to repair your db:
On the TV-Server open a command box and type:
net stop tvservice
c:
cd \program files\mysql\mysql server 5.1\bin
mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p --password=MediaPortal
net start tvservice

Strattos

Portal Member
September 24, 2010
Home Country
Hi Django, thanks you're a life saver!

Followed your instructions and problem solved.

Saved me a lot of frustration and possible waste of money buying a another TV card . Thanks again.

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Hi

it seems that very familiar problem i have. Mys server works and I can see preview in tvserver configuration. But starting channel in MP just starts and stops.
    Last week I made your above mentioned db repair and all was corrected. But it does not work now. Please HELP, no ideas what is wrong and what to do!!!

Attachments

• mp log 20130831.zip
      2.5 MB
    • mptvserver log 20130831.zip
      4.9 MB

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    In debug with full configuration mode tv works fine. But when after that started in normal mode - tv starts and stops immediately.
    After stopping in debug mode audio stops in weird sound.[DOUBLEPOST=1377943808][/DOUBLEPOST]TVwishlist - disabled in config and all is working now?!?! Will investigate...

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    maybe because you have switched off/reset your PC without letting windows to shut down? that can happen if you press reset button, or have power cut down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom