[solved] tv setup error crash (1 Viewer)

Willydoit

October 9, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,
having installed mediaportal 2 a few days ago as a complete newbie to the program I spent ages trying to get just one of my tv cards working and the tv guide populated which I did using the tvguide plugin.

However having come back to mediaportal 2 and selecting tv it tells me no tv is set up yet so I try to run the TV config program and get a huge error message which starts

Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.68.0.16:31456

This is followed by Server stack trace and about 30 lines of info which may or may not be relevent. the ip address given is the address of the machine the software is on.

I have installed the software on Windows 10 and as said it was working the last time I looked at it.

If anyone has any advice on how to resolve the issue it would be appreciated. I have only installed MP2 due to needing a method of recording tv programs due to Win 10 no longer having the facility built in. I am happy to uninstall and try Media Portal 1 if that is likely to be more stable.

Thanks in advance

Willydoit

October 9, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have completely uninstalled and removed all elements using ccleaner, reisntalled and get the same message. As my issue hasnt received a single response inover a week it signals the end of mediaportal as an option for me. I thought that a total failure of a major element of the product in my install would have resulted in a helpful response from the creators but it seems not.

Peter D

November 11, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have exactly the same problem. I then tried to follow the instrucitons for gathering data but cannot find MediaPortal Watch Dog. A log file has been produced, which I have attached here. The requirement is the same for me - trying to watch live TV on Windows 10, as I was easily able to do under Media Centre on Win 7.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
February 3, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Has been any solution to this, as I am having the same issue?

I'm using MediaPortal 2.1 Pre Release, installed only a TV server installation.
I was able to enter in TV configuration file once and now gives me this error each time.

Attached is logs and screenshot of error

Many thanks

Attachments

• mp2.1 error.png
    mp2.1 error.png
    24.3 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Has been any solution to this, as I am having the same issue?
    The same symptom doesn't necessarily mean that the disease is the same ;).

I see in your logs that you are running Windows Server 2008. The server log shows some internet connection issue messages, e.g. "unable to connect to TheTvDb.com", so this may all be due to network issues in your environment or maybe insufficient privileges of the server process accessing the internet and its databases.

Can you upload your gentle.config file please?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it's not related to firewall. I had the same problem in the past and there are 3 possible root causes:
    • Please check your proxy and DNS settings of your LAN configuration. There shouldn't be any proxy server configured.
    • SQLite is not correctly installed. We had often the same failure code related to this (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): constraint failed) I could solve it by deleting everything MP2 related and a clean install.
    • open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
      and open the file named: hosts
      Then make sure that it looks like this:
      # Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
      [...]
      #
      127.0.0.1 localhost
      ::1 localhost

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi HTPCSourcer,

See attached gentle.config (I have had to rename the extension to .log to upload it) I am running WHS 2011 which is based on Windows Server 2008,

I think it's not related to firewall. I had the same problem in the past and there are 3 possible root causes:
    • Please check your proxy and DNS settings of your LAN configuration. There shouldn't be any proxy server configured.
    • SQLite is not correctly installed. We had often the same failure code related to this (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): constraint failed) I could solve it by deleting everything MP2 related and a clean install.
    • open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
      and open the file named: hosts
      Then make sure that it looks like this:
      # Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
      [...]
      #
      127.0.0.1 localhost

I have checked the DNS settings of the LAN in TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 and both are empty.
    I have removed the #'s in the hosts file which have
    127.0.0.1 localhost

I will try and do a clean install of MP2 again and will post again on the results

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom