[solved] tv setup error crash (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    With the different IP Addresses, it appears the Setup TV is trying to connect to the 10. network.
    If it continues to fail after the load, try this

Settings / General / Connectivity / IP Address Bindings
    Set it to use the 10. network
    Quit the client, restart the MP2 Server process and try it again.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have checked the DNS settings of the LAN in TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 and both are empty.
    If they are empty I wonder how you can actually use the system as every internet access will fail. You must indicate a DNS server - this can be the router's address but you could also use Google's 8.8.8.8 or something similar. Without a DNS it is more than likely that MediaPortal will not function correctly.

I have removed the #'s in the hosts file which have
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost
    Such entries should not be necessary - if there is a DNS server in place. Keep in mind that the hosts file is an override and as such more a hack. I am not saying that you should not be using it , however, under normal circumstances the ned to do so indicates network problems.

I will try and do a clean install of MP2 again and will post again on the results
    Better clean up the newtwork settings first. You can use Microsoft's FixIt for this purpose or the "Fix problems on your computer", depending on your OS.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If they are empty I wonder how you can actually use the system as every internet access will fail. You must indicate a DNS server - this can be the router's address but you could also use Google's 8.8.8.8 or something similar. Without a DNS it is more than likely that MediaPortal will not function correctly.
    All empty is default and should work proper. There is no need to define a manual DNS Server in normal cases.
    upload_2017-2-3_15-45-8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom