TV Show Support? Music DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Limbachnet

Portal Pro
August 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
I really like the different solutions in "My Videos", "My TV Series" and "Moving Pictures" and I use all of them. "My Videos" points to a folder, where the home videos, holiday videos, saved internet videos, saved older tv recordings and so on are stored. Moving Pictures holds the Movies and My TV Series shows the series - everything is fine. OK, music videos, BBC-Documentations and something like that are difficult to handle. I would store them beneath the holiday videos and handle them with "My Videos"...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    music videos, BBC-Documentations and something like that are difficult to handle.

You might want to check out the "MyMusicVideos" plugin then:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/my-music-videos-v0-41-a-68337/

As for BBC Documentations, most of them have an entry on TheTVdB which means you can use them in MP-TVSeries, but they all also have an IMdB entry so you can use them in MovingPictures as well. Most documentaries go into MovPic for me as they are more like movies, such as all the Michael Moore docus, but some BBC series such as Planet Earth are much better handled at TheTVdB since they get grouped nicely.

Planet Earth: Series Info

Limbachnet

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, the "MyMusicVideos" plugin is really nice to know! I don't need it by myself (my two music videos do not need to be administrated), but I understood that some users need something like that.

Concerning BBC dokus - it gets more complicated when they are translated to German and aired differently to the original versions. The german entries in IMDB and TheTVDB are sometimes provided, but nearly empty. The englisch ones are much better. This is of course not a problem with mediaportal. And I know, if I miss some entries in TheTVDB, then I'm the one to provide them. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom