TV Thumbnailer - Custom Rec TV Thumbs / Better h264 support (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @gonzo90017

I uploaded a new version of the plugin, maybe I accidently introduced an error with the last update. Please delete the tv thumbnailer directory then install the new version.

I see you modified the bat file, was it working before you modified it? The new version I've made doesn't require the user to modify the .bat file unless he wants to use comskip as well, or he has multiple clients.

There are 3 ways you can test
    1. Manually drag .ts recording onto the create thumbnail link
    2. Run create thumbs for all TV Recordings
    3. IN TV Server config, use the 'test' button

The wiki has changed a little but and might have more useful information for you.

if you still having problems post in the thread, I'm interested to know the following... 1. Which version of windows? 2. 32 bit or 64 bit OS? 3. Are you running MP + TV server or is it a stand alone tv server? 4. Are the log files working now? 5. what directory did you install the script into?

Last edited:

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tryin to do a full thumb creation. Script asks for path... are you sure?.. y/n. Then deletes "all" thumbs but it doesn't create any but gives me a quick and almost unreadable message before it quits itself. Something like: "path specified cannot find.."

Funny thing is, it finds the path for deleting all previous thumbs but not the path to create new ones.

Tv-server is 64bit and server only

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Tryin to do a full thumb creation. Script asks for path... are you sure?.. y/n. Then deletes "all" thumbs but it doesn't create any but gives me a quick and almost unreadable message before it quits itself. Something like: "path specified cannot find.."

Funny thing is, it finds the path for deleting all previous thumbs but not the path to create new ones.

Tv-server is 64bit and server only

TV Thumbnailer 1.1 Alpha has fixed mr viggo's problems :D :D

Last edited:

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    1. Windows 7
    2. 32bit
    3. MP+TV Server
    4. Thumbs_UserGenerated log is generated, Thumbs_TVServerGenerated is there but empty
    5. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\TV Thumbnailer

I still can't get it working. I manually dragged a file to "Drag To Create Thumb (32bit OS)" link but it didn't create a thumbnail. I checked in my TV Recordings folder and in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\Recorded .
    Thumb_UserGenerated Log:
    Code:
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

Started: 22:45:07.70 Sun 10/28/2012

Arguments          :           
    Path                :           
    Filename            :           
    TV Channel          : ~1,-1
    Showname            :           
    MP TV Thumbs    : C:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Thumbs\TV\Recorded\

TV SHOW THUMBS
    3 News.jpg
    7 days.jpg
    Campbell Live.jpg
    jono and ben at ten.jpg
    one news.jpg
    Shortland Street.jpg

CHANNEL THUMBS
    tv one.jpg
    tv3.jpg

ERROR                  - FILE DOES NOT EXIST!!

ABORTING...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Started: 22:45:29.83 Sun 10/28/2012

Arguments          : D:\TV Recordings MP\Deals - 7.2 LivWell - 2012-10-15.ts           
    Path                : D:\TV Recordings MP\
    Filename            : Deals - 7.2 LivWell - 2012-10-15
    TV Channel          : 7.2 LivWell
    Showname            : Deals
    MP TV Thumbs    : C:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Thumbs\TV\Recorded\

TV SHOW THUMBS
    3 News.jpg
    7 days.jpg
    Campbell Live.jpg
    jono and ben at ten.jpg
    one news.jpg
    Shortland Street.jpg

CHANNEL THUMBS
    tv one.jpg
    tv3.jpg

Creating Thumbnail using ffmpeg
    Copying Thumbnail to Program Data directory

Finished: 22:45:30.18 Sun 10/28/2012

Clicking the test button also doesn't do anything. I briefly see the cmd window but don't have enough time to see what it says.

Only thing I changed in TVThumbnailer.bat was the path to comskip:
    Code:
    echo. >> Thumbs_TVServerGenerated.log
    echo Running comskip... >> Thumbs_TVServerGenerated.log
    C:\MediaWah\Programs\comskip\comskip.exe -t "%path_and_filename%"

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From your log file it looked like you

ran script.bat on it's own

Then you draged a .ts file onto "drag to create" it tried to create a screenshot using ffmpeg called D:\TV Recordings MP\Deals - 7.2 LivWell - 2012-10-15.jpg then assuming that file was created it copied it to you MP thumbs directory. Was Deals - 7.2 LivWell - 2012-10-15.ts > 8 minutes long?

if there is nothing in thumbs_usergenerated.log it means that tvthumbnailer.bat is either crashing or comskiplauncher is not pointing to tvthumbnailer.bat or the comskip launcher parameters are not set to {0}

Anyways... I've PM'd you :D

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Following on from the great work kiwijunglist has done....and being slightly cheeky.... I have had a play at looking into an MTN replacement (without recoding MePo).

This has no where near the functionality of kiwijunglist's (you cant have predefined logos, etc)

Same technique as used here...FFmpeg for thumbnailing.

But I use ImageMagic for tiling purposes.

All I have done is written a wrapper around them (which is called mtn.exe - and accepts the same parameters as MTN - the ones that are needed).

To install:

Simply install ImageMagic (can be found here: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows)
    Then simply unzip the contents of the attached file into the same location as the original/standard MTN.EXE(overwritting it - might suggest you backup mtn.exe first)

There is a batch file that allows you to simply drag a single file or a directory onto it for processing. If the thumbs exist, processing skips the file.

A log file is generated detailing whats happening.

This was purely me playing for a few hours (and using someone's technique) - Was just curious to see if I could code it lol

All credit goes to kiwijunglist (y) (y)
    J.

Attachments

• mtn_replacement.zip
      7.6 MB
    Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If your only using imagemagick to tile, then you should skip the install imagemagick step and just bundle the relevant imagemagick exe file (i forget the name of the top of my head) imagemagick can run with just the one .exe file it doesn't rely on all the other crap it comes with :D

@Jay_UK - you could take over my project if you like, I'm sure you could program it better as I only know how to do .bat and I only learnt how to do .bat files about 2 weeks ago :D I have some ideas for better integration and could do some mockups etc.

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I had looked into referincing the ImageMagic object (as opposed to calling an external program) but I couldn't get it to work (might post something on their forums about it).

The best way of "fixing" this is to correct MePo...Pilehive posted some code ages ago which makes thumbnailing tiered...where it tries different technqiues to generate thumbs. Although if extra functionality like "branding" of thumbnails (series names/predefined graphics) is required, then this will never happen within MePo (IMHO) and would need to be done as a plugin.

I'm not a developer...I know a little VB (even less C) - plus my time is limited - So not sure I can do your ideas justice :(

J.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok can u PM me the arguments that mtn.exe receives from MP and anything that it expects back from mtn?
    ^ with that info I can replace mtn.exe with a script that just retreives a .jpg file with same name and directory as the .ts file

i learnt something from your .bat file %~dp0 I can make my script way more robust now, thanks :D will probably rewrite everything as was having trouble with people installing to different directories and 32bit vs 64bit directory :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom