TV timeshifting freeze on Recording ending (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Win7 Ult 64
CPU Type: Phenom II X4 955
HDD: 2TB Samsung F4
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Motherboard: MSI 990FXA-GD80
Video Card: HD6950 2GB
Video Card Driver: 11.10
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC892)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 6.01.6482
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD11
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Scythe 120mm Bottom Intake Fan, TRUE Rev. c CPU HSF
Power Supply: Antec CP-850
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I was watching a programme on CH.4 when it suddenly froze (static picture, no sound), just before a pop-up appeared to notify me that my recording on BBC1 had finished.

My earlier bug report may be related https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...cheduled-recording-despite-dual-tuner-103589/

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    17-12-2011 20:53:33.901 [1558]--- Buffer-empty rate control testing ----
    17-12-2011 20:53:33.901 [1558]---------- v0.0.38 XXX -------------------

You aren't using official release, please try to reproduce the issue with clean installation. We cannot give any support or analyse the issues based on custom installations.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah, sorry. I'll post any further such bug reports in the Experimental TsReader development thread.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Actually Tourettes said "please try to reproduce the issue with clean installation" (my bold) - you have other patches/mods applied e.g. the CC patch, as well as an experimental TsReader.ax.

If you compare the TsReader-2011-12-17.Log with the evr.log, something has decided to close down EVR presenter at 20:53:47.338:

Code:
    17-12-2011 20:53:47.338 [1558]MPEVRCustomPresenter::Cleanup()
    17-12-2011 20:53:47.338 [1558]EVRCustomPresenter::dtor - instance 0x100fe268
    17-12-2011 20:53:47.338 [1558]Stopping workers...

when TsReader.ax is still running (and data is being accepted by the downstream decode filters), and EVR presenter hasn't seen a clock pause or stop command.....

Tony

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Well I don't recall having strange problems like this until after installing nostopmod recently, so I'm probably unlikely to be able to reproduce it with a clean installation. I've upgraded to the 1.2.2 tsreader now and it seems to be working OK. If it starts happening again and I report it in the tsreader thread, I'm sure someone will tell me if they're certain it's unrelated and then I can check with sebastii whether it might be connected to the CC patch, but I've had that installed for a while without problems so I think it's more likely to be something to do with the nostopmod.

If necessary, after that I'll try and reproduce it with a clean installation, but with intermittent bugs that's rather hard for me as I need at least the part_DWM dshowhelper for playback to work properly on my dual-screen system, so I can't really run a clean installation for extended periods of time in order to try and catch intermittent bugs.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I'm not saying it's the CC patch causing the problem - there's nothing really definite in the logs that might pinpoint what went wrong, it's just that the sequence of events in evr.log isn't normal.

Tony

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If you compare the TsReader-2011-12-17.Log with the evr.log, something has decided to close down EVR presenter at 20:53:47.338:

Maybe it was some older EVR presenter instance that was closed down?Who knows how long the GC will delay up the cleaning - it is possible to get a bit mixed up logs...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If necessary, after that I'll try and reproduce it with a clean installation, but with intermittent bugs that's rather hard for me as I need at least the part_DWM dshowhelper for playback to work properly on my dual-screen system, so I can't really run a clean installation for extended periods of time in order to try and catch intermittent bugs.

As no one else has reported such issue it is quite likely that some of the modifications is causing it (of course it could be just a well hidden bug in the official release as well).

Trying to fix an issue based on logs is quite hard but trying to fix an issue based logs where code doesn't match the release is quite impossible. It is quite likely that devs spend the time on the first case than the 2nd case.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    As no one else has reported such issue it is quite likely that some of the modifications is causing it (of course it could be just a well hidden bug in the official release as well).

Trying to fix an issue based on logs is quite hard but trying to fix an issue based logs where code doesn't match the release is quite impossible. It is quite likely that devs spend the time on the first case than the 2nd case.

I agree (with both points).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Maybe it was some older EVR presenter instance that was closed down?Who knows how long the GC will delay up the cleaning - it is possible to get a bit mixed up logs...

Good point - it is a different instance that's being closed....

doveman - have you had this happen repeatedly ? Was MP frozen at this point, or could you recover things by stopping playback ?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom